Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GSDragoon, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

So you saying i have to reinstall windows now?

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No but if you update to the latest beta then you cant roll back without reinstalling

HD64G and BlitzTown like this.
  3. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

I see thank you

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Whatever you use, you can always opt-out to lower insider tier or completely out. You only have to wait till next higher release in that branch comes out.

BlitzTown likes this.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Pleased with these drivers! 2600 core, fast timing memory, 100% fan profile keeping card at 49-58C under 99% load. 110-140 FPS in DOOM Eternal 4k Ultra Nightmare HDR on!?!?! Yeah! I'll take it. This card is tearing up 4k on my SONY VH1 4k 120hz. I can't wait for the VRR updating coming within the next month or two. I'm really very impressed with this card. It's like AMD had this huge awakening this generation and I'm fine with it.

Krteq, somemadcaaant and Kuss like this.
  6. Mahogny

Mahogny Member

GPU:
    Rx 480 8gb
    IS there VR update coming ? Do you have any information on this ?

7. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Still very poor frames in Destiny 2. Ever since the new DLC, Beyond Light, dropped, the fps have tanked; that is certainly down to some changes to the game (mostly lighting) that Bungie introduced, but using 20.4.2 drivers you almost go back to the fps you had before the DLC release.I hear the 6800 and 6900 users are experiencing horrible fps.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Will ask if there have been any progress on fixing that.

Crisidelm likes this.
  9. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

Thanks

10. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX6750ΧΤ
    That isn't correct at least for the Dev channel where I am for over a year now. Maybe for the Release preview.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is correct, I am insider from time MS was handing out free W10 to anyone willing to be insider.

Just go to settings, opt out... and read.

upload_2021-2-8_22-28-39.png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  12. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Nioh 2 crashes instantly when selecting/testing the guardian spirit right in the first area and also randomly with this driver (and possibly recent ones). I reverted to a driver from 2016 to test and it doesn't crash. Error report was submitted to AMD (the one that pops up when the driver crashes hard) but I can confirm the game works fine on the 16.11.1 if anyone with similar system is having similar problems.

Unrelated but I've also noticed OpenGL runs better with this older driver, it's a pretty small difference on Stonehearth like mostly less stutter and better (but still bad) GPU utilization but a massive difference is toggling "x-ray" in-game having massive underground tunnels, while on the newest driver it hangs the game for a few seconds, on the old one it is instant and no drop in FPS.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Bungie themselves are the source of most of the issue, the new lighting and particle system is getting a optimization pass or 10 atm (Bungie can't program PC for crap)

In the Dev channel, opt out will lock you on the current build you're on, it will not revert you to what you upgraded from.

Beta and RP will try to revert you,assuming the windows.old content exists.

HD64G likes this.
  14. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    You're right, Bungie caused this problem, but the fact that old drivers seem to be a workaround for the problem itself might be of help. Of course, the 6x00 users are out of luck because the old drivers don't support their newer GPUs.

15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    HD64G and PrEzi like this.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
  17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Same as with the last release, these will not install on my system unless I "precharge" the install by attempting to install 20.12.1 and then cancelling. After that,these drivers installed with no issues.
    I actually find the absence of the HDMI audio to be a blessing! Now I don't have to remember to go and shut it off. :)