Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    you clearly didnt try to use it then. nice influencer post

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah I called around about that as I was looking for it for my monitor and was told that they don't do that anymore. As spectatorx said it's just for color profiling, etc. For me it's about fit and polish. To go into Device Manager and see that it still reads "Generic PnP Monitor" as if I am in Safe Mode annoys me o_O. But that's neither here nor there. As they are pretty active providing firmware updates.

@1pvpslayer whatever the reason it's still good to see that you still have that option to use it none the less. It could be that win10 needs the driver or something else but in all the problem is fixed which is good to know.

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I am pretty confident the BlackSOD is a driver issue. Reason being is that back in September I installed 19.9.3 to try it out after DDUing the 19.7.5 savior driver and it BlackSOD while loading into a match in Insurgency: Sandstorm. So what I did is I installed the 19.7.5 driver on top of the 19.9.3. No DDU, no uninstall and not even a restart after installing it. I just went back into the game and played for more than an hour. No issues for the following 2 weeks where then I upgraded to 19.10.2 which also had no BlackSOD for me. The 19.11.x and 19.12.1 drivers no problems either. Until the 19.12.2/3 and back to BlackSOD. But fortunately for me 20.1.x are good again. But this is the problem. What will the next driver bring? Joy or misery?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It looks like RTG release another driver. 20.1.4 this time. Anyone game?

6. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    Just for anybody with the HIGH CPU usage of 'Radeon Software:Host Application' even after it's window has been closed. It's the weirdest of solutions but Just create a folder called "Radeon ReLive" in your video folder. Without this folder my 'Radeon Software:Host Application' sat at 25-30% CPU usage on my 8600K running at 5.2Ghz.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    actually, I am using it. I've found all the settings I needed to change, and confirmed what was setup as default.

8. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    yeah i got another 24 hour uptime with new driver 20.1.4
    No black screen.

Just disable pcie link state power management

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    No black screens here. Have PCIE management off.

Currently testing accelerated Firefox @ 120hz.

Frostpunk seems to expose the locking-up issue pretty quickly(should happen within ~1.5 hours). Lowered monitor refresh from 144hz to 120hz. Toggled Chill, Freesync, Integer Scaling, Image Sharpening. Enhanced Sync is off. Advanced settings set to defaults. Game loses fps before system locks-up with game image still showing.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    20.1.3 now WHQL

AMD has just re-released Radeon Software 20.1.3 as WHQL. These drivers are identical to the Adrenalin 20.1.3
    Beta drivers posted earlier this month, with the only difference being WHQL certification.

Jackalito and warlord like this.

11. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Good informative video

OnnA, Jackalito and warlord like this.
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    RTSS is the best. You just have to know how to limit your frames to your taste.

Now, take notes, open cru or radeon settings for example and search clock mhz.

Rtss limiter works wonders by 0.01 to 0.03 mhz less. For example my monitor has a clock of 147.88mhz and 75.135hz and I have 147.85 in mind to 75.122hz limit for perfect latency with no tearing. @Unwinder made our life smoother.

OnnA and Undying like this.
  13. Old pensioner

Old pensioner Guest

GPU:
    RX570
  14. xandaobh

xandaobh Guest

GPU:
    RX 470
    Best Driver Ever! Mainly playing csgo, so good!
    I've tried so many old ones like 19.6.2 , 19.8.1 , 19.9.2 , 19.12.2
    RX 470 XFX 4GB
    Only miss the option to change the Relive icon that in the old one we could change.

15. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Did you try the newer versions as well? Why is better than the previously 19 editions?

16. xandaobh

xandaobh Guest

GPU:
    RX 470

more stable fps on games and no shutters playing csgo, more fluid
    Ive put it on gamming profile and increased the fan curve and power supply in 5%

I didnt try newer versions 'cause this one is working so good, I dont want to mess it up. =)

Turanis likes this.