Plague Tale: Innocence

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    A Plague Tale: Innocence is the gorgeous, evocative new adventure game from Asobo Studio, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2019. Rats swarm and chaos descends over medieval France as war rages. Young siblings Amicia and Hugo must make their way through the desolate and plague-ridden landscapes as they search for shelter. Today’s brand new screenshots showcase just how beautiful and varied a world Asobo have built for their adventure, and the incredible characters created to explore it.

As game development veterans, Asobo have used their own engine to push current generation hardware as far as possible with A Plague Tale: Innocence. Environments range through medieval castles and villages, catacombs, wasteland battlefields, and verdant forests - each with its own unique look and feel. Characters will react with real emotion to the situations around them, be it Hugo’s fear at his unfamiliar surroundings or the determination of Amicia to save her little brother.

A Plague Tale: Innocence tells a grim and emotional story, sending us on a journey through medieval France, with gameplay blending adventure, action, and stealth, supported by a compelling, moving story. Follow Amicia and Hugo De Rune, two lost children trying to survive a harsh, brutal world plagued by the Black Death. On the run from the Inquisition, and surrounded by the unnatural swarms of rats that appeared with the disease, Amicia and Hugo embark on a rocky journey that will not leave them unscathed.

A Plague Tale: Innocence releases in 2019 for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Developed on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC by Asobo Studio, A Plague Tale: Innocence will offer an adventure supported by an original scenario, with gameplay that blends action, adventure and stealth phases. Follow our protagonists Amicia and her little brother Hugo, both orphans and on the run from the terrifying Inquisition. Our young heroes will also need to survive against an even greater danger: supernatural swarms of rats that appeared with the great plague infecting across cities and countryside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

jbscotchman, Embra, XenthorX and 3 others like this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Looks very good! Might be one of them hidden gems.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah those screenshots are really good.

What's the gameplay? I hope it's not hand-holding simulator :p

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Haha, i thought the same. Looks good but it seems like one of those games where you travel "hand-in-hand" like two brothers maybe?

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    calling it now one of them will have to die to finish the game, does the sister toss her brother to the rats to save him? or does she push him away and hurl herself into them to save him. just as they in the reach of safety and their goal.

If i get it close i wantz a cookie.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Description says blends action, adventure and stealth so at least some variation gameplaywise.

PS: hope you can turn off CA and vignetting in the game... screenshots look good but damn are those again overused.

8. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    This releases in 4-5 hours. Looks interesting. Anyone gonna get it?

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Waiting for reviews. More in regards to how well it performs on PC and if it has any bugs. These sort of games usually come with plenty of bugs.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Wow I just see this trailer and it looks great .I have not even heard or seen anything about this game.

11. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    ACG loves it so that's a good sign.

Kolt likes this.
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I could have swore the game is not released until tomorrow.Bought the game for $13 USD on steam,great deal.

Just started playing 4K and runs 40FPS+ Freesync on Ryzen 2600X/RTX2080.
    3440x1440 I prefer this resolution 50FPS-60FPS Freesync

Missing all kinds of resolutions but work around for 21:9
    http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=33144

Game is a blurry mess and I watched the review and I thought maybe it could be just youtube and it is not.

EDIT:Change engine settings does work.
    C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\A Plague Tale Innocence\enginesettings and set to read only

{AA
    Enabled 0
    Type 0
    Quality 3
    }
    {Bloom
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {DOF
    Enabled 0
    Quality 3
    }
    {MotionBlur
    Enabled 0
    Quality 3
    }
    {PostProcess
    Enabled 1
    EyeAdaptation 1
    ColorGrading 1
    Sharpen 1
    Fringe 0
    LensDistortion 0
    Dirt 1
    LensFlare 1
    FilmGrain 0
    Vignette 0

https://i.**********/JzKpcjq6/A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-13-23-11-02-62.png
    https://i.**********/3x3Lvtg0/A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-13-23-11-15-01.png
    https://i.**********/257LBx7y/APlague-Tale-Innocence-x64-2019-05-13-23-38-36-269.jpg

3440x1440 Even with RTX 2080 there are drops to 50 FPS and weird stutter I have noticed at the house.I chalk it up to the Unreal engine it always seems to have a weird stutter at times.
    Game is extremely immersive and awesome looking.Plus got rid of the blurry mess with reshade and adjusting engine settings.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Where?

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Depending on how it performs. I've read reviews on the game itself and it looks aaaamazing.
    I just hope I get my GPU back soon, can't play with an Intek 530 :)

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this game is heavy as hell @ 4k

not to mention the CPU load is weird

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unreal Engine 4 perhaps? That engine puts quite some load on the CPU via deferred render contexts and NVAPI and probably other stuff, I'm not quite sure on the newer versions.
    (The only engine I believe that will see framerate completely crippled if NVAPI isn't disabled or correctly supported such as via Proton or DXVK though that might be fixable now with more work on supporting it. :) )

Guessing DX12 and VLK support isn't a thing either even if the game is on a build that can support these?
    (Less reliance on going through CPU0 for the threading and multiple render contexts or how it's called.)

17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Oh no, the trio was bad?

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe, not sure actually. We'll see what the guys at the stor say.

19. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Steam with VPN thru Argentina.

sertopico likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree, my eyes are hurting from looking at that much CA...