Overclocking...What to do to make my rig stable

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by PhatPhat, Jan 26, 2006.

1. PhatPhat

PhatPhat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 420/1100
    ok here is my setup, my problem is when i run prime overnite...its doesnt give me a error in prime it self...i get the (send error report or dont send error report window). That obviosuly means something is wrong. What are your guru suggestions to make this OC stable without lowering FSB, new PSU is not out of the question. Ive heard rumors that raising the AGP voltage in bios makes a OC more stable throughout the Comp...is this true

Asus p5p800
    Intel 560 3.6 at Stock(200fsb auto voltage)OC at 4.05(225fsb 1.4v)
    corsair xms3200xlpt Stock(2-2-2-5 auto voltage)OC(2.5-3-3-6 2.75v)
    PNY 6800GT 430/1150 (AGP VDDQ voltage 1.6)
    AGP/PCI 66/33
    Memory acceleration (enabled)
    multiplier is at default (lock free is disabled)
    450watt psu (dont know brand im at work)

Temperatures CPU idle 35
    MB idle 28

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  2. PhatPhat

PhatPhat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 420/1100
    cmon people, i know you ALL dont have jobs that block the net..what should be the first thing i change to increase stability...

waiting for a response...

btw i work for microsoft and they dont block ****. lol they encourage us to use media player, only on our breaks of course (yea right)

3. PhatPhat

PhatPhat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 420/1100
    a little help...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

4. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    Raising the VCore in the bios will make it more stable, but also more heat will be produced, which can lead to other problems.

Also, I'm pretty sure having you're going to burn out your video card ALOT faster by raising the voltage (1.6 vs 1.4(i think)), and the slight speed increase will not be worth the $300 or more that you spent.

5. PhatPhat

PhatPhat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 420/1100
    stock is 1.5 isnt it...

6. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    Another thing I would try - Prime it in safe mode rather than Normal? To avoid some potential driver issues?

It could be a driver issue with overclocking rather than the hardware - what is the file name given with the BSDO? That's what caused the crash so have a quick google. But don't download anything yet.

First Prime test it in safe mode, AFTER you've uninstalled the device that caused the BSOD and BEFORE you restart the computer.

The driver should be picked up anyway on the next boot - and if it goes through Prime OK, you know that was most likely the cause of it (which is when you start downloading and trying alternatives - try to source th'em from legitimate sites.

There could be a snag with this approach. If so please let us know. But that's the way I'd go about it.

7. PhatPhat

PhatPhat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 420/1100
    still no suggestion to get my OC stable..which brings me to think my settings should work fine..is this right ?