[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am on 1809 with its latest micro-code and no problems with explorer, but it is different KB than you listed.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was wondering newer builds would be fine, what you say would be proof that it is, but I not sure I really want to go threw the hassle of clean installing windows

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yay found diffrent problem the entired contents of download folder is empty, which not good it had copies of Credit report from when some one was open credit card under my name >>

Wonder if the Free space up option Setting had option to delete contents download folder that I checked with out noticing, I did do that 2 day ago, and it had bunch new options I never saw that last time I used it

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    In later versions it is enabled to clean DL folder, I hate that is was set by default

Talking about disk cleanup/Free space now.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I just found out that was what wiped it. o_O

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    mumbles..... I kinda annoyed again, I fixed my Issue with F710 not having drivers installed randomly on reboot or the drivers being there but not working with 1803 build. but now its having issue again, except the drivers are always there and I not sure if it a Windows update that did or if Steam client is screw the gamepad up and resulting it failing to reconized.

There was a update CU for Windows the day and Microcode update next on 17th, but I had no issue till the April 17th client update for steam and first thing I noticed after that update is ( first startup) gamepad was not working. but if I reboot the pc and never start steam gamepad works fine in everything else. and drivers for the gamepad have not changed either.

And I cant see how Microcode update cause this or how any of the changes in CU caused this.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I find installing the wireless 360 driver works better than the non-wireless driver on the F710, where this issue is concerned.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    360 driver is what is installed and has always been installed. Im just not sure if its the steam client that some how is throwing wrench in this and breaking the controlers with in the whole OS or if it was the updates. All i know for certian is the april 16 steam client soon as i start a game directly after that updates the problem started. and as far as i can "tell" if i dont open steam gamepad works and reconized in everything else. untill steam is open.

also had those 2 updates threw windows

The driver is there it like something is some how locking controller or os from seeing each other at random, but that dont seem to happen till after steam is open. and they already had updates to steam client and still happens so i not sure which is the issue.