Nvidia Quadro Driver 265.90 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Dec 1, 2010.

1. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Did some research on what the reason is why you get better performance when you change settings:

In the NVIDIA control panel it will say " NVIDIA recomended(sli)"
    That is because they gave it that code in the driver settings.
    When they set the "predefined number of gpu to use on sli rendering" to max 2 GPU's count it will show "alternate frame rendering 2" in the CP , when the set it to max 4 GPU's it will show "NVIDIA recomended" in the CP.
    This should have no effect on performance , I always use max 4 GPU count , even if I have got to make my own sli profile. And that works the best for me.

You can check the driver settings and rendering modes with "nvidiaInspector"

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333518

You never know that with this driver (quadro) that has only got optimized support for 2-way sli and not 3-way or 4-way , this profile with max 4 GPU count gives rendering problems in some cases.

A quote from the release info of this driver :

Existing Support:

* Support for the Open Computing Language (OpenCL) 1.0 in Quadro FX Series x700 and newer as well as the FX4600 and FX5600.
    * Supports NVIDIA SLI technology (two-way SLI) for DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboard based system from select OEMs.
    * Support for DDC-Ci/MCCS over the DisplayPort AUX channel.
    * 10-bits per color (10bpc) DisplayPort support for full-screen applications on supported products.
    * Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

So you see that when the default game profile (like Call of duty BO) has got a predefined max GPU count of 4 to use in sli , that with this Quadro driver it can give problems.
    So changing sli rendering mode in the CP to "Alternate rendering 2" can solve the problem in the quadro driver.

I'm not saying that this is a fact ! Don't shoot the messenger.:)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i returned to 263.06tesla they feel smoother as overall and i got better lowest fps in COD waw.

3. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    Sadly back to 262.99 Ramant CTD's with BC2. Nevermind at least I know NV can make use of the gpus now.

4. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Max 60% gpu usage for me in BFBC2 so no change there, but overall they are smoother.

5. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Same here too

6. MegaBear

MegaBear Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    best Mafia II drivers for me, game looks sexy now

7. Crugath

Crugath Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Bloody unlucky for those who are having problems with these drivers :(

I'm having a great time with them, BC2 is working great, Borderlands has much higher and smoother framerates too. I've had no crashes, no ill effects what so ever (so far... only had them for about 24 hours)

Although I think they must be fairly rock solid, I've done a bit of work (Photoshop CS5 and QuarkXPress mainly - working from home, thanks to the snow!! :D), Borderlands, BC2, Left 4 Dead 2 and some GRID, not causing me any problems.

I did unselect the Audio drivers in the custom menu of the installer, I think the 3D drivers installed, not sure if that makes a difference. I heard there were issues with the Audio drivers so I made sure not to install them, not that I need them anyway, I don't think.

If they can improve the GPU usage in later drivers even more than they have in this set, then I'll be over the moon, and that'll probably be the best thing I receive this Christmas!

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    if someone doesn't like these but wants the same boost in Mafia II or BFBC2 and COD's, then 263.06tesla is for you :D

i never been a fan of Tesla driver, Quadro was always better, but this 263.06 is a big exception:nerd:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    anyone have a xp32 file

10. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Found this while skimming the release notes at work:

Issue

NVIDIA has found that some TAG-reporting APIs represent video memory using 32-bits
    instead of 64-bits, and consequently do not properly report available graphics memory
    when the TAG would otherwise exceed 4 gigabytes (GB). This results in under reporting
    of available memory and potentially undesirable behavior of applications that rely on
    these APIs to report available memory.
    The reported memory can be severely reduced. For example, 6 GB might be reported as
    454 MB, and 8 GB might be reported as 1259 MB.

NVIDIA Action for non-Quadro based Systems

Recent NVIDIA display drivers constrain TAG memory to just below 4 GB1. In these
    scenarios, the Shared System Memory component of TAG is limited first, before limiting
    Dedicated Video Memory. This is a policy decision within the driver.
    This results in reliable reporting of sub-4 GB TAG memory.

NVIDIA Action for Quadro-based Systems

The unfortunate side effect of constraining TAG on systems with larger amounts of video
    and system memory is that memory which otherwise would be available for graphics use
    is no longer available. Since shared system memory is limited first, driver components
    and algorithms utilizing shared system memory may suffer performance degradation
    when TAG is constrained.
    Since this and similar scenarios are prevalent in many Workstation applications, but less
    so in more mainstream Consumer applications, the NVIDIA driver now avoids
    constraining TAG on Quadro-based systems (which are used primarily in the
    Workstation application space).
    This has been a conscious decision by NVIDIA to trade off better Workstation application
    performance for potentially less desirable performance on applications which rely on the
    suspect memory reporting APIs.

I did a search of the forums and didnt see much about Total Available Graphics (although it doesn't include Available in the search b/c the word is too common)

Just wanted to share this with everyone since it seems these drivers are varying widely for people. People who are using 64-bit OS's + lots of RAM should see a big difference (could be good or bad depending on the games you play)

11. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

any how many Geforces have more then 4Gb of ram all up? not many...only people running quad SLI have to worry about the TAG issues

12. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
  13. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Just did a fresh install of windows 7 32bit on my both rigs( had too, was installing something ) and even tho i haven't tested any games, video playback is perfect, everything is moving smooth, no issues. Lets hope my games work :)

14. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    Well this driver have a small problem and it is that NVIDIA again broke OpenCL in this driver ,I'm back to 263.06.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    This driver seems to be absolutely great for BO yet I still get a very low GPU usage in F1 2010. I'll keep them for now as they're better than the previous sets.

16. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Been watching some high quality anime 720p+ , super smooth !. These drivers will stay on my system for awhile :D

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Same here, i always tend to use Quadro drivers on my HTPC partition, usually more consistent.

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Windows Vista/7 determines total available graphics based on System Memory and Video Memory... So anyone with 4GB of RAM could be affected by TAG handling.

At least thats my understanding of it... correct me if im wrong.

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    holly crap! thank you! i still have to run with shadows off but switching to ARF2 over the default Nvidia sli profile made a huge diff in smoothness! 2048x1152 2xAA 8xAF max everything except shadows off.

Oh and this is on my Q6600 @ 3.2/ 8800 SLi comp. also gpu usage went up a bit but its way less laggy now. awesome, thx again for the tip!

oh and i forgot to mention with the Q6600 rig these are great with MOH and BC2. much smoother! MOH GPU usage almost doubled, stayed the same for BC2 but i never had an issue before. definately keepers for now :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    you only get max 60% GPU usage with your rig? i have dual 260's and the same cpu and i get 60-90% on most recent drivers. 1920x1080 4xAA 16xAF max ingame settings other than HBAO is off. wonder why ...