NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, May 20, 2020.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are aware of the brightness issue and have a fix in a future driver.

RodroG, RobinTR and aufkrawall2 like this.
  2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. A bug has been filed so that our team can look into this.

Terepin, toyo, NvidiaFreak650 and 4 others like this.
  3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    More detail is needed

elite69 likes this.
  4. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I'm on 445.98, is the image sharpening problem in this Hotfix? (I know i tested it a few days ago in AC Odyssey and didn't notice any difference, thought i'd have to restart the game but decided to disable it and just keep Reshade).

Another question, how long before we get Vulkan 1.2 WHQL drivers?

Herochild likes this.

5. mh0001

mh0001 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC
    I noticed that on my system the 450.99 driver is preventing the CPU/system from entering Package C6/C7 states.

On Win 10 2004 and 445.98 I get ~40-60% Package C7 state usage when the system is idling (checked with the tool ThrottleStop) and HIPM/DIPM enabled in MSAHCI driver (otherwise package C states deeper than C3 are blocked anyways... alternatively you can use Intel Rapid storage driver which has it enabled by default).

After updating to 450.99 (does not matter if GPU scheduling is enabled or not), Package C state usage is limited to C3. I could not get it back to using C6 oder C7.

I know many gamers hate (package) C states and disable them entirely, but a) I never had any problems or any performance decrease with full C state support enabled and b) in fact it should not affect performance at all when the system is not idling and configured properly.

So I really think it's a bug and it should be fixed. There is no need to waste power when the system is idling. :)
    I already filled out the driver feedback form for 2004 which is linked in the official Geforce driver forum. Just wanted to post here and ask if anybody else can reproduce the issue.

I had the very same issue several months ago with a few Geforce drivers in a row (started with the driver that brought the new FPS limiter feature). I already reported it at that time, and 2 or 3 drivers later the issue was fixed and the package C6/C7 states were working again. Looks like there is some regression and the issue is back.

tiliarou and RodroG like this.
  6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Weren't C>6 states always disabled in the presence of direct connected PCI-E devices like VGA cards (from either AMD or nVidia) and limited to iGPU-only (or no GPU at all) setups?
    Also, power saving benefit goes down and resume latency goes up sharply at the same time. I prefer to disable anything below C1E (that's a huge difference over C0 but anything below that is miniscle in comparison, diminishing returns for higher and higher latency...).

7. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  8. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I spoke too soon, :( madVR still has issues with 10bit output, both in windowed fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen modes. It's just less prominent now, usually stops stuttering after a while (if I pause/resume or bring the GUI up and let it disappear a few times to prompt a switch between 8 and 10bit, etc) but this could be random (the last time around I reverted to the previous stable driver, this time I kept using the preview for a while and stuttering seems to come and go at somewhat random, although changes between modes seem to provoke changes in state of stuttering).

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Vulkan 1.2 will probably merge into r455.xx with the Ampere branch.

EL1TE likes this.
  10. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    With this one I still get the issues I had with the previous 450 driver:
    • Flickering in Chrome. It happens either when minimizing and restoring windows in front of it, or sometimes when scrolling pages that have embedded videos.
    • Horrible black texture flickering in Doom Eternal, which gets especially bad as scenes get more crowded. The battle with the Khan Maykr is just crazy flickering all over.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't have this, but i've only used Edge chromium and its a non-gsync TV.

12. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Windows Insider preview fast build , last check today, 450.82.

Attached Files:

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Do you have GPU Hardware Scheduling enabled?

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Does that mean if Windows HDR is set to on, then non HDR games will use the same settings as the windows desktop with HDR?

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Sajittarius likes this.
  15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Did you fill out the driver feedback form?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Can you share screenshots of the in game graphics settings used in the game Doom Eternal?

16. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    450.99 from Nvidia Developer Preview may be different from 450.99 on Windows Update as it can be a new update of 450.99 with hotfix apply, AMD does this in there drivers and Nvidia.

17. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    no settings for vsync (fast, adaptive) in nvidia control panel

18. Dro1d01

Dro1d01 Member

GPU:
    AD107
    Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode
    I installed DCH driver with clean install option - all vsync settings are present in NVCP.
    So try DDU and DCH driver with clean install

19. Xul Aethyr

Xul Aethyr Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI MSI Gaming X 2ghz
    same here

20. mh0001

mh0001 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC
    No, it was working just fine for me. I think it's the higher package C states C8-C10 which cannot be used when a PCI-E GPU is connected. According to ThrottleStop, it does make indeed a significant difference comparing package C3 and package C7 state. The reported (estimated) idle pkg power goes down from ~6-7 watts average to ~1-2 watts.

I already noticed the issue before enabling GPU Hardware Scheduling. After that, I enabled it to check if it does change the behavior, but it doesn't. So the issue is independent from GPU Hardware Scheduling.