Nvidia has officially raised the prices of its RTX 30-Series GPUs in Europe.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    still 469 in uk and 499 in usa.

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Miners have caused the graphics card prices to skyrocket, so any inflation study that includes computer components would be affected. If a study doesn't include them, then it seemingly would have far less effect on it. The general trend in electronics' prices would play a lesser but still a meaningful role on inflation, though. If your inflation study would only includes computer related stuff, the effect would be strong, naturally.

Silva likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no they haven't, the AIB pricing is all on AIB's.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, cause it's the AIB's pricing rtx 3080's at 2000 usd...

Get a grip. It's miners and scalpers driving the prices up to a insane degree in shops that allow them to do so - which is most world wide. The shops that follow AIB prices in denmark barely had a price increase from MSRP.

Silva, Undying and Kaarme like this.

5. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    And the AIB's did this for whom, not for the gamers, because we don't buy so many card and at this price...
    If crypto will be regulated, the prices will go down fast. Until then more and more people will switch to consoles, just because is becoming cheaper, or stick with old cards...

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    AIB pricing was reactive. Still in January last year prices in shops were more or less sensible over here. I know because I almost ordered a custom 3060 Ti for around 500 euros (including a heavy tax). I didn't because I wanted to wait and see how the 6700 XT would turn out to be. A big mistake. In february cards were nowhere to be found because non-hesitating gamers and miners had bought all of them. For months cards barely even arrived in Europe because the factories in Asia shipped them to local customers, which sold them to miners/scalpers. Scalpers, of course, sold mostly to miners, who can afford to ignore the price. AIBs only raised their prices gradually during the winter, spring, and summer last year when they noticed there's no sense for them to sell the cards for a pittance when the next step in the chain will sell them for a huge profit. That's also the reason why retail shops in less radical countries were slower to raise their prices than scalpers: they only raised the prices to the current level when they noticed scalpers were the ones making real profit. If a shop earns 100 euros by selling a card and a scalper earns 300 euros, there's not much sense in it. The shop might as well earn 400 euros and leave the scalper without anything if miners will buy the cards no matter the price.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    I don't know...
    I am an avid PC gamer - I laughed at console "kids" (at least until now) but with these prices if the madness continues I think that i will stay with the current GPU for as long as it works, buy a cheap video card only for display if it breaks and use a console for games - the prices are much lower, the quality is almost the same, you can attach a mouse and keyboard if you want...

Yes, I noticed that the prices for high end consoles are lower than a good GPU - did not knew why.

Maybe this is the future for home use...consoles for gaming and onboard video or cheap video cards for working on PC...at least for me...
    It pains me - being an enthusiast - not being able to buy the best performance card ( I want a 3090Ti! - 3080 is still not that good at 4K) but I never ever thought that I will live the day when a top performance video card costs as much as a pretty good used car.
    I was lucky with the 3080 because I found it at MSRP Price + 10 % - even cheaper than the RTX 2080Ti that I had before but these days are gone now.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Disagree, i can only speak for the country I'm from and the one i currently live/work in but while inflation has recently risen, globally, the standard of living has been rising steadily, globally for many years.
    First off how can you judge 'wealth' as it is totally proportionate to the individual and their circumstances. I know several people who's annual income exceeds £200k but they are from from wealthy due to personal dept and other essential and non-essential expenses.

10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Better than a 470gtx ha ha ha

11. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Those cards were never really available for their first price-launch in the first place. Increasing the prices after such a long time without any significant change in availability for MSRP just makes Nvidia look even more stupid now, as they denounce their very own announcements.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the FE's have always been available (sporadically) at their launch price.

13. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    They were yes, but they were mostly grabbed away by bots quite fast (and probably still are), remember? Not many human could buy it compared to bots by scalpers.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Is this what you guys refer to as "bollocks"?

- Dumb Burger

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't,

its the lack of production the market has grown accustomed too due to a shortage of fabrication materials.

17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I'm Spartacus