NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    To be honest I was thinking the same last night, I was playing Warzone without HAGS (forgot to turn it on) and the gameplay was smooth, then I enabled HAGS and it felt like the game was stuttering from time to time (you know when you just feel that the game isn't as smooth as it should be) but I never thought that this may be due to HAGS... gonna disable it again tonight and try to report back.

2. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
  3. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Btw guys, I also have Variable refresh rate as option on graphic settings... do u guys enable it or disable it?

4. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    HAGS on + Game Mode on has been great for me. I've noticed an improvement in several games. No frame rate loss at all.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I did see some increases fps wise, some games do also feel smoother with it, but there are games where it adds tons of micro stutter, Mafia III as example, besides that it doesn't like alt tabbing with some games.
    Keeping HAGS off for now since I can't be arsed to turn it on and off on a pr. game basis.

6. blemish

blemish Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG 1080 TI
    waiting for 460.xx .......

well at lest for me it was great. for example. in RDR2 in the first camp i always have 31fps. now i have 51 in the same area, using DX12 or vulkan. other games have more stable fps. so i think it´s a great driver+windows os version.

Dro1d01 likes this.
  7. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Wow that’s incredible. Are you comparing day vs day and night vs night?

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Ok, still have Detroit Become Human issues. I'm using this new driver, HAGS off.
    I'm at the part of the game where you play as Markus and smash up some stores.
    I consistently crash to desktop just as they leave the sewer in the beginning. I've not seen it this consistent. Seen it happen now 6 times in a row, event viewer has nothing to say other than the game crashed.
    @Astyanax I've also tried with debug mode on, still crashed. Something really off here.
    I've also tried letting the game rebuild the VK cache, and I manually installed Vulkan redist. I'm actually considering rolling back to 446.14, rolling back GPU drivers is something I've not done in so long.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    does it occur with the 443 vulkan drivers?

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Didn't occur to me to try them.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm betting on it being some accidentally omitted vulkan 1.2 support.

12. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    What are you talking about? What Aero? Did you even watch the videos? I'm on Windows 10, there is no Aero. Furthermore, I have demonstrated that the issue occurs only with new drivers. It's not on my end.

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I tried turning on HAGS, debug mode off, and now the game is moving past the part I was crashing... could have just been the restart from toggling HAGS on. But why?!

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Aero and Acrylic are exactly the same crap no matter how Microsoft tries to brand it.

I've got no tearing at all on my 2004/451 configuration, so find out whats instigating it in yours because its not a universal issue.

o_O thats weird.

Possible interaction with Fast Startup if its on

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Nvm, getting past that part was a fluke. I quit the game to make sure, replayed that section and it crashed again. Game has some real issues.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's quite likely the game itself, i think even AMD drivers can barely run it atm, and subtitles are a reported cause of crashing.

don't tell me they are doing subtitles in an additional layer XD

17. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    This is in Discord and Steam with GPU acceleration disabled: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArqdydqOzYIbht1RnppLYtDSJ3olmg?e=heDvFv
    With GPU acceleration enabled it's smooth. And I'm not the only one who has it.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Which default to GDI rendering and no vsync with no acceleration, are you even trying to comprehend that this is the default and expected and forever behavior of these utilities in the choice of settings you are applying?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...r-vsync-with-gdi-windows-forms?forum=winforms

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...rtifacts-when-drawing-using-gdi-on-a-window-w

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  19. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Can you understand that this isn't happening with all previous non-WDDM 2.7 drivers? I even posted the bloody video to show it.

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    So I found the culprit. It's caused by HAGS. Once I disabled it the screen tearing went away.