NVIDIA GeForce 441.87 WHQL: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would agree with you, but then if one driver got corrupt the reinstall old drivers which fixed the problem would be corrupt too once it corrupt it corrupt. he is also not only one complain about drops in FPS.

DDU should be used before install any drivers imo though. I was gona install these drivers but seein reading few people say there fps is droping I not sure I want too.

2. whismerhill

whismerhill Guest

GPU:
    RTX2070 8GB
    that is true
    I mean, I should have used DDU (that's why I mentioned that I didn't)
    I'm getting old & tired of dealing with problems I suppose, and tried many things before I pinpointed the driver. sorry.
    I may decide to go DDU + 441.87 route to retry if I find the time for it, and will keep you guyz updated if I do.

And yes my CPU needs an upgrade, do you volunteer to fund me for it ? I'll give you my PayPal :D.
    As it turns out I was gifted the RTX2070 following services ... and the games I mentioned are not CPU bottlenecked when running on a simple 60Hz screen (e.g. where it doesn't really matter to get tons of frames per second) (yeah I need upgrades all around :(:p)

3. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Has anyone else encountered an issue with the new Nvidia Control panel FPS limiter where it won't turn OFF for individual applications when enabled globally?

So, in my tests, what seems to be happening is that the new Nvidia FPS Limiter when enabled globally does not in some cases turn off even when forced off on a per app basis to rephrase. I could be missing something/making a mistake so this is what I'm doing step by step:

1) I am on the latest build of Windows 10 64 bit and my graphics drivers are fully up to date (441.87). I am using a RTX 2080 Super if its relevant.

2) In the Nvidia Control Panel, enable the new FPS limiter globally in the global tab (I set 141 since I have a 144 hz G-Sync monitor and wish to keep it within the G-Sync range).

3) For some games, they have built-in in-engine fps limiters that are preferred over the Nvidia one due to lower input lag results -- Overwatch or Battlefield V for example.

4) With the fps limiter enabled Globally to 141, I then in the control panel go to the "Per-App" section and DISABLE the nvidia fps limiter for Battlefield V and for Overwatch (since I'll be using those games' built in fps limiters).

5) For Overwatch, this appears to work as I'd expect with the nvidia control panel limiter correctly being disabled for that title.

6) However, for Battlefield V, the limiter does NOT disable itself -- I've verified this by using Rivatuner Statistics Server to observe the fps values (then you can look at the sky for example to make your fps skyrocket up to the cap). Despite turning OFF the globally set Nvidia limiter for BFV's profile in the control panel, it remains active in BFV.

7) At first I assumed I was simply pointing the control panel at the "wrong" .exe file -- I checked that the control panel was pointing at the correct .exe file by using the task manager when the game was running -- bfv.exe is what is running when I launch the game and that is also the file that the profile in nvidia control panel is looking at. If I'm missing something on this step, of course correct me.

Anyway, I've sent in a support question for this to Nvidia support (since it may be a bug or I may be doing something wonky I'm not aware of), but it's been a few days and they have yet to reply and I wanted to double check that everything I was doing was correct.

What I've done in the meantime is simply disable the fps cap globally and enable it on a per game basis instead to get around this, but I'd really rather do it the other way round. Thanks,

4. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    The Division 2 still crashing in DX12. I tried Pascal and Turing cards. WTF.

5. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    @Supertribble Does rolling back the driver resolve that issue for you? I had a similar issue with my previous PC and at some point rolling back the driver stopped working and it turned out I just had a component go bad :(

6. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I tried different drivers but the same problem. Also tried completely different computers with a selection of Nvidia cards (2060 2070 super 1080ti). DX11 is fine.

BlindBison likes this.
  7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Doesn't the Division 2 run better on DX11 anyway? At least for me it does, I would play on DX12 only if I was severely CPU bound, also on DX12 uses way more VRAM for the same visual settings. Unless it gives much more fps at DX12, it's pointless. Specially on nVidia cards.

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I think it might work better on Turin cards, Pascal doesn't seem to offer up much more but saying that Doom got a nice perf bump with Vulkan on my 1080ti so Pascal does like low level API.

Smough likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    never, nvidia has closed down operation and sold to ibm. :rolleyes:

10. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Good driver for me. No probs to report