Nvidia Geforce 416.16 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 4, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I fixed my crashing with shadow of the tomb raider and it turns out to not be driver related but rather my card needing a new bios. I have to set my card to max power target even on stock just to not crash. Hope the bios can come out soon.

2. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    That firefox bug makes me want to punch my screen.
    It doesn't just effect links. It effects hovering on chrome elements like tab close buttons. Every other time I close a tab I can't close the next one. Annoying AS F***

3. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    just got my 2080ti today and I of course used DDU first and then installed these drivers all my games seem capped at 60fps...CSGO and BF1 anyway gonna do try some more games right now.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Got my first TDR in a very long time in Firefox 63, win10 1809, 1070.

5. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    rolled back to previous drivers these do indeed cap my FPS at 60 for some reason old one works fine sofar.

6. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I've had 2 TDR's in 2 days with these, just browsing using Firefox (62.0.3) (don't even need to be doing anything, just leaving FF running is enough). This issue has never been fully fixed ever since it started occuring in the middle of last year (v384 and up), and the frequency of TDR's vary with each driver/branch. This driver appearing to be among the worse.

Since last time I bothered reporting it, I've switched motherboard, cpu, and done a clean install of W10 1803, and it made no difference whatsoever. I can find no evidence of there being anything wrong with my system. Not hardware, not software, nothing external.
    It doesn't happen on all systems - but on systems where it does, Firefox and an nVidia GPU are seemingly the only common denominators.

At this point I doubt this will ever be fixed.

lucidus likes this.
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Haven't had a TDR in Firefox in months, last time was around winter, i think.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    <Ctrl>+<F4> doesn`t close current tab? I mean if bug is about the mouse and controls...

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    ... or it's the sites you leave open in your tabs. Or maybe it's a plugin. I have about 30 tabs I keep open constantly, and I leave FFox running 24/7, and it does not crash on me.

lenix likes this.
  10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I've never had a firefox crash...ever. At least none that I can recall. Like since it came out. Then again I practically never use any plugins.

11. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Assuming the keyboard is nearby and I'm not using a wireless mouse, yes, it does (although I'm a linux nerd and still use ctrl+w)....but it's not and I am, so no.

I'm going to roll back and wait for them to fix this one, it's a royal PITA.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Tinypic is working again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would post a pic near Keira's house, but I'm in the middle of a main quest in Blood and Wine so I can't fast travel to that area.

Regardless, I really like these drivers. Especially in Metro 2033 where the tank passes by the bus. Before it would drop into the low 20's and now it stays 35 and above.

13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Okay so these drivers are pretty bad on a 2080ti. Constant crashing in games. I never really seen a driver do this in a long time. Pretty much makes everything unplayable. I was thinking it was my oc but then it's even crashing at stock. Hopefully rolling back fixes it.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Trying it now @ RS4.

@tensai28
    Reinstall it again, this usually fixes any instabilities, maybe it got too corrupt by bad OC atempts.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Link or it did not happen.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    well no difference here yet, kind of disappointed.. _I went from 399.24 to this 416. Tested usual rotr, superposition, re6, metroll, batman ak for physx.. I tried both 411 in between and also no difference, maybe tiny 0.5-1fps negative drop here and there.

No firefox crash yet, I had a few back with ff58? and early 387 and 390.xx.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  17. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    You guys think it has anything to do with wddm2.5? As in, the drivers are utilizing the gpu more efficiently during gaming (when CPU + system working together in tandem) and not necessarily for the "raw benchmark" performance of the gpu?

Gaming with a 60fps cap Adaptive Vsync is insanely good.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The Division DX12 benchmark is crashing here on these on a second run of the benchmark. No idea what's causing this.

19. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    Anyone know what kind of bug could culture these divers to make games cap at 60?
    Once I rolled back the drivers I had zero issues

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    QuakeChampions is ok now, but I've reset my old imported r399 profile for it, maybe that helped too.
    Well both r411.xx drivers crashed within 15min, couldn't even finish one round..

I'm forcing the same settings as before; lod -1.0, threaded opt. on, prefer max perf., high quality filtering.