Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Who cares if its nowhere near Mantle, theres only 2 games that use it, bloody millions use DX :D

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see, harkinsteven can you give some more info how to do that mklink via dos? thanks :nerd:

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Some games outside of the ones that site decided to test have a much larger performance boost. Sleeping Dogs was one of them. Hitman Absolution is another for example. These games do not support mantle, no fair comparison can be made. Other games like Tomb Raider and Metro Last light which only offer a 2 fps boost at best, also do not support mantle so again no comparison can be made.
    It may very well end up that if Mantle was added to Tomb Raider, it would perform like it does in Thief, which is to say not as well (certainly not doubling FPS like the article claims).

Either way, I'm willing to believe these new drivers can't compete with a new API focused on performance (I'm also willing to bet DX12 will blow both these driver improvements and Mantle out of the water).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    And MS has more resources and knows better to make an API, than AMD. DX12 + volta or maxwell + windows 9/8.1 will be some performance nuke !!:banana:

5. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    These drivers are kinda funny Titanfall does not like these drivers but all the other games I own do like them, I get a very small boost like 4/5fps max.

Batman Arkham Origins is suppose to get a boost from these drivers as well and with the old driver I had an average of 77fps and with the new ones I had an average of 77 again so thats kind of weird.

Good to see that Nvidia is working hard to optimize more and more and give us more performance, thank you AMD :)

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    TitanFall needs a performance/optimization patch badly.

7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Ok Im happy, i have been playing AC black flag all night and i've been able to play with physics on high with on problems ,,, nice,,, before this driver i've had to have them set to low . :)

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I read this on page 15 so dont knoq if youve fixed yet as im still making my way through this epic thread of gainz but...

When i get this issue in games, the first thing i do is run a defrag and clean the reg with CCleaner before changing anything else. Of course if uouve done this recently then i can only suggest a clean re-install of the driver.

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    AC IV still runs like S#!t

10. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    windows 7 or 8.1?

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I still believe that this driver is an answer to AMD's Mantle.Nvidia had to do something, create a new API like Mantle or what they did(This driver).

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Batman: AC, everything maxed out 16xQCSAA and 4xTrSSAA. Sadly I didn't test it before but it seems to run really nicely now at least.
    [​IMG]

14. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I never crashed on BF4 with any previous driver.
    You have a problem somewhere else.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I wonder if this future dx11 gpus (r343?) driver will make any extra difference, ie more boosts now that there is no legacy gpu code in it.

16. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    This concerns me. What OS are you using ?

17. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Will I still receive performance gains if I don't put this on a RamDisk? I skimmed through the tutorials for putting the temp folders on it (basically half-assed it), and when I finished the temp folders were still building inside of my AppData. I'm too lazy to try again patiently. :smoke:

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Probably has something to do with this...
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-337-50-beta-performance-driver

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    its better than mantle which only supports 2 games and has to be added in on a game by game basis, and the 2 games were not mantle ready on launch

20. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Installed driver and played a couple of DX9 games, but no NV_Cache folder was created yet. Is it only DX11 games? If so why does it supposedly work on Skyrim?