NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Jraptor

Jraptor Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 x2 SLI
    Nvida has a driver uninstaller built in nowadays. If you select "custom" install, under the main selection box, there is a check box for "clean install". Check it, and Nvidia will uninstall all the old driver files, then install the new ones.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Don't take this the wrong way, but even for Diablo 3 your laptop is kinda lacking the specs to play smooth with anything but low graphics settings.

I'd run high performance mode in your drivers, and turn all in game settings down to low.

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Oh yes, the crippled FX cards that barely ran hl2 in dx9. :banana:

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    my friend plays it on his laptop and he only has a c2d with a 9600mgt and he says its playable low-mid.

5. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    I am pretty sure that a 'clean install' just uninstalls the profile settings. Hold the mouse over the button and a tool tip should pop up that confirms this. I'm at work right now so I can't confirm.

6. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I play plenty of high end games with out much of a performance problem (eg. crysis, bad company 2, skyrim) but no matter how low I turn the settings in D3 it still stutters and performs like garbage. There is just no reason it should be performing THIS bad...

7. Lokius

Lokius Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 1080
    Great i shipped back a fat tripple slot overclocked POV GTX 680 EXO edition because for the life of me i could NOT get it out of IDLE mode even after posting on the NVIDIA forums.
    And now that i RMAd it and replaced it with a MSI 680 Twin frozr 3 NOW you fix it.

Basterds :)

But welcome AndyB !

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    There are times I've seen it remove the entire NVIDIA Corporation folder from Program Files. Normal install or clean install methods do a good enough job for 99% of cases.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

Ive read some of those post in the Technical Support section. 25% of those are trolls, 25% seem legit, and 50% are trying to run this game maxed out on pc/laptops that are 5+ years old. And ALOT of those people seem to have the same damn PC. It seems the Dell Insprion 530 was a mightly popular PC when it hit the market. Contrary to popular belief, a E2160 @ 1.8GHz Plus a 256/512MB video card make nothing but problems for this game. ALSO, this game is constantly streaming from your HDD. On top of that, Windows background services is using the HDD as well and will cause your game to stutter because it has to wait for read/write access to your HDD.

10. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I'm testing this on Skyrim and I am having mixed results. Game runs faster on most sections but stutters more also. I'll try more games later and tell results...

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well the UE3 thing is an engine issue I think not a driver issue but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets noticeable stuttering ONLY when turning the camera with a controller (Xbox 360 one). It's not that big of a deal to be honest as I think the issue has always been there, even when I had my GTX 580.

12. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Yay! no more gaming at 50Mhz/200Mhz core? :D Even non factory OC'd cards are affected by this

13. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

ANyone figure out how to install these drivers on a 650m mobile card!??! :(

14. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    It's an issue with the drivers that we are investigating.

15. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    @AndyB why I can't got 60fps in BF3 with GTX 670? Resolution is 1280x1024 @ 75Hz
    I got 30-50 fps. vsync is off. 304.48 drivers.

Tried to downclock my CPU to stock Ghz, didnt helped. Problem in gpu or something else?

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I have the same card as you and I'm getting better and smoother fps in BF3 now than before (with official latest driver).

I can even add 4 X AA @ 1920 x 1080 in 32 player MP on Caspian Border/Firestorm! Dips to 50 sometimes. Dips to 45 when I'm in an explosion but that's normal. Still better/smoother than before.

17. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Can be problem in my CPU? Your's better. Quadcore, and mine is dual.
    My BF3 settings are:
    1280x1024@75 fullscreen
    vsync - off

Everything on ULTRA except motion blur

18. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I would say so. BF3 scales well with CPU/GPU.

19. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Actually, the clean install gets rid of any older software and drivers and installs the new one. You can see it on the installation progress.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  20. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Nvidia says to install on top. Don't even uninstall they say.

edit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/drivers_faq.html

Guys, clean install is to remove previous settings like profiles. That's all. It uninstalls previous driver anyways.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012