Nvidia G-Sync could be ASUS exclusive for a while

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    i don't care - it is too expensive anyway

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    ...because the eizo still has tearing like any other normal monitor?

3. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    If Asus signed an exclusive until end of 2014 I think that's great. It gives ALL the other manufacturers time to organise an open version with AMD and steal Nvidia's thunder from under them.

So sick of proprietary crap like this with narrow minded bean counters standing in the way of progress again and again and again....

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If it were true, it would likely do more than just slow it.... NVidia has already greatly reduced it's adoption rate by making it proprietary. Having only 1 manufacturer implementing it would likely kill it.

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've just checked specs - omgomgomg!
    $700 is a little steep price, but it looks so great. Now if only they made such monitor with 4k and fallback to FG2421 specs, I'd be standing in line. Meanwhile I'll keep drooling while being torn between buying this EIZO monitor and waiting for something with specs I described.

6. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    If they actually do this, my next VGA will be AMD.

7. fero77svk

fero77svk Guest

GPU:
    2xAMDs R9 290X
    I am at Radeon side about 6years, cos I dont like NV marketing and politics, started with physx. This is great innovation by NV, but AMD have great new innovations too, Mantle, true sound, and is cheaper, so my Q is: why do you need G-sync if you play on 2xAMDs games at 100hz/100 fps constatnt? or perhaps 120hz/120fps constant :) I stick on AMD side next 1-2 years absolutely, and waiting for 2x290x in Slovakia, my favorit is Gygabite with their great 3xfans, I cant waaaait, where are the cards? :)

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Cause alot of people use vsync cause they dont care to see tearing, and vsync i has alot of draw backs. and g sync if it does what says has none of the draw backs. IF it works as they state they will go to bank on this cause Vsync needs to be replaced with somthing better

And alot people dont do sli to make 120hz monitors worth the money

9. Sharky

Sharky Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870
    Looking forward to G-sync, but I'd more than likely get one from BenQ when I upgrade end of the year. Smooth gaming even with frame drops and being stutter free sounds awesome.

10. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Not if it's limited to Asus you won't ;)