Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you know i was gona do the draw call tests with 3dmark then i realized it dont work in the free version.

And seeing as i dont really care much about 3dmark and other such programs, just how my games run i didnt bother and just installed it

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This 3dmark api test shows only raw cpu performance - driver bottleneck dx api, ResidentEvil5 benchmark dx9 -fixed test (cfg, jobthread=8) is also a good quick test, if you have slower gpu then try no msaa and 720p windowed mode.

But yeah its not always true or that extra 20-50k doesn't matter much, 353.62 win10 had lower calls but ran GTA5 better then 353.49 win8.1.

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Do SLI users see DSR in Nvidia CP...? 353.62 won't show me DSR at all if I enable SLI, bug for sure ?

4. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 4090 OC
    I see DSR in the general control panel with SLI enabled. I don't see it in individual program settings though.

[​IMG]

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Great drivers for my setup thanks Nvidia.

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Thanks for replying but for me..nope, I've just installed them (DDU first etc). Single gpu DSR ok,SLI enabled DSR vanished.. another user can reply please ?

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have G-sync enabled too..and I now read a lot that this is a known DSR-SLI-Gsync bug as it seems...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  7. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

how do you guys know if the driver contains "Kepler fixes/optomizations" or not? Do you run any benchies, or work it out otherwise? If the latter, how?

8. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I'll have to do some more testing with 355.60 but for me 353.75 feels a lot smoother, maybe it's a G-Sync issue but I'm not really bothered about anything new in these drivers right now so it's a non issue for me atm, I'll just stick with 353.75 till the next batch.

9. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    These break scaling for me. 4:3 fullscreen scaling is completely broken. Had to roll back =/

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

11. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I think, i am just gonna put this good "old" 353.75 back.

Also as i expected, no word from ManuelG to my question.

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Mortal Kombat X still stuttering in fights, doesn´t seem to use more than 1470mb of vram.

13. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thanks for the feedback, I hope you guys manage to restore performance for us Kepler users. I prefer Nvidia, but I confess I'm getting disappointed and a bit frustrated, hence the harsh post.

AMD Kepler equivalents.

Project Cars, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4 and other titles... AMD cards were (are?) getting significantly better performance than Nvidia Kepler cards. People started noticing more with the Witcher 3 and that's why there was all that community outrage that gave spark to an answer by Nvidia with the 353.06 drivers, which indeed fixed performance. I'm reasonable and don't expect every single game to perform better on Nvidia hardware, but the 353.06 proved that something was wrong. However, in Windows 10, there is no driver yet that matches the performance of those drivers.

Basically, drivers starting with branch r353. Since the 353.62 drivers for Windows 10 were actually still in branch 352, I was expecting these 355.60 (branch 355) to restore the performance of Windows 8.1 branch r353, specifically, the performance of the 353.06 drivers.

But if you're using Windows 8.1, it's just a matter of trying 353.06 and other drivers. It's especially noticeable in the Witcher 3, the 353.06 give a significant performance boost.

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    guise is custom res back? I'm not overly fond of DSR and prefer making a proper custom res. Can someone do me a solid and check please?

15. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

so which driver version after/newer than 353.06 are *confirmed* to include "Kepler fixes/optimizations"? Which games are the most affected? What is the average performance difference in fps/in per cent?

And Q to Manuelg: when *finally* these optimizations will get included in ALL subsequent driver versions for good? Why to do you omit them currently? It's very important for Kepler users, which are legions :).

Doing things are these really discourages from buying your new hardware, not encourages as you may think, because people can be sure the same will happen with Maxwell when Pascal is out, with Pascal when Volta is out, and so on. People want good support not only for newest available hardware, and arfificially lowering last-but-newest generation performance, so newest one looks better than it actually is.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Win7 here.I have these installed now after the Quadros...they're pretty much identical in performance but GTA V feels smoother, when not in a shootout that is.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's the way it works. You enable DSR globally and, for the games that support it, the new resolutions become available in the game menu. There isn't a setting per game in the Nvidia Control Panel.

18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    There really should be a softness setting per game imo. Upping the DSR factor means less softness is required in my experience so it's a pain to have to keep readjusting it globally.

19. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    runtime broker come back again

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC