Newest Games Rating Chart (SPOILS)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by St3nic3, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)
    Well people. After i bought a new pc, I ******** every new game (mostly shooters). So i have played most of them already, and i wanna discuss it with you.

this is the marks i gave to games:

1) Fallout 3 - *9 (that was really interesting game!)
    2) Farcry 2 - *6 (great graphic, flat story same missions..- boring)
    3) Crysis Warhead - *6 (great graphic, no story, kill them all - boring +1)
    4) CoD4 - *8 (interesting story line, feeling like in a movie)
    5) Left 4 Dead - *2 (single player) (DONT PLAY IT as single player)
    6) CoD5 - *5 (same as 2 and 3 + graphic)
    7) RED ALERT 3 - *4 (holy crap they destroyed the game + SAME storyline with ra2)

(I have passed every game, but COD5 and Farcry2 (70%))

Getting Dead Space and GTA4... Should i get the STALKER: Blue sky?

I hope Dead Space is interesting, and GTA have more features than prev (u can run a starship? :D )

2. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    your rating of L4D is bogus. its definitely the best game on your list. am i right when i assume you are only playing the single player modes?

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I do not agree with some of your ratings ... mine would be ( only the ones I do not agree with ) :
    Crysis Warhead ... great clean graphics, physics!!! great storyline for fast pasted shooter , action action and action 9.4
    Call of Duty 4 ... multiplayer 10/10, single ... fast pasted action , great war atmosphere perfect gameplay , something new and finally out of ww2 overall 9.5
    Left 4 Dead ... one of the best games ever created, definitely ... perfect and simple gameplay, best atmosphere and music I'v ever seen, ZOMBIES, MORE ZOMBIES, Left 4 Dead ... best shooter ever 10/10
    Red Alert 3 ... its Red Alert ... with the best freaking water effects and funny cutscenes 9/10
    DEAD SPACE ... best survival horror game ever ... great graphics, great atmosphere, great gameplay, great enemies, great story and a way to tell it through gameplay to keep the non stop tension 9.9...
    GTA4 from what I'v seen looks good, but can't tell more then that before I try

4. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Wow, I'm glad I don't purchase games based on your ratings.

5. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    You cant judge L4D on single player- multiplayer co-op on expert redefines fun and intensity

6. Snake_Eyez

Snake_Eyez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD4890 Vapor-X 2GB

I think you mean STALKER: Clear Sky :p

7. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)

Dude u used the word "best" in every sentence.. none of this games are worth word "best", exept fallout3 - best 2008 game and cod4 best multiplayer in 2008

8. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I actually mostly agree with your ratings, although I would have been more harsh on some of them. Probably something like this:

Fallout 3 - 9/10
    Farcry 2 - 1/10
    Warhead - 1/10
    CoD 4 - 6.5/10
    L4D - 2/10
    CoD 5 - 1/10
    Red Alert 3 - haven't played the full version, but based on demo 1/10

Alright so basically every one of these games is an absolute masterpiece? Sorry but no, most of them are pure trash. You'd have to be well insane to actually compliment Crysis: Warhead on its storyline. Fully insane.

9. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Ok...
    First of all. I have a few giant problems with that list.
    First of all you gave Crysis a rating above 3. That's unacceptable, and don't give me some freedom of speech/opinion crap. It's more overrated than Halo, and that's a freaking accomplishment.
    Second of all, where is BioShock !?

You sir, are a well educated and wise member of this forum. Thank you :)

I could write thousands of words on how games are gradually becoming crap, and only a few games stand out every year but I can't be bothered. I've done it too many times in the past. I know for a fact, that every time a game with nice visuals comes out it will automatically get a 9/10 from every review website.

10. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)
    Heeeyyyy finally sane ppl here :D:D
    Iam glad iam not alone..

So tell me please, should i continue ******** "dead space"? What ur mark on it?

P.S Bioshock - i didnt include games that got score under 0.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008

11. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    This thread = facepalm

Don't think any of you are gonna get a career in games journalism

12. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    True, because people in game journalism who try to speak their mind get fired. If I wanted to unanimously give all big-budget titles 9/10 minimum based on how much the game's publisher paid my crappy website/magazine, then I'd pursue a career in game journalism.

Maybe you should go apply for a job at IGN if you facepalm whenever someone criticizes a massively overrated game for being the piece of crap that it is.

13. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Not all gaming publications take fat wads of money from big game companies you know.

14. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Oh really? Like what?

15. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I second that. Like what ?

Personally, I find the best reviews to be from Game Trailers... Simply because they're videos and I can actually see it for myself
    They're the only ones I bother with... Otherwise... They suck
    You want proof that 99% of review websites get paid by publishers ?
    The World's Most Overrated Game

16. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    Why do you guys even play games? You're obviously much more evolved than the typical game consumer. You're only wasting your money on a media that you love to hate. Seriously, get a new hobby?

I get pissed when a game disappoints me, if I were you guys I would have given up by now...

BTW, this is aimed more towards the guys who are cutting the OP's ratings even lower. While I do agree with a couple of the OP's ratings there are a few that I disagree with, but that is just my opinion, which I will not try to state as if it's a fact...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  17. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. I play games because I enjoy playing them. I don't enjoy playing them when they are crap. The fact that I shelled out $60 for a game doesn't automatically make it good, and I won't pretend like it does.

What's the point of pretending that a game is good when it really isn't?

I take a similar stance regarding movies; maybe that will clear things up for you. I went to see Batman Begins and I thought it was good; I enjoyed it. I went to The Dark Knight and thought it was crap. I paid for both, I watched both, but one was just **** and I can't change that. I don't care how many idiot critics praise TDK - it's still a ****ty movie. The same goes for bad games like Crysis: Warhead. IGN can give a 10 rating for all I care but the game is still a glorified tech demo.

18. Cliff Bleszinsk

Cliff Bleszinsk Member

GPU:
    Gears of War 2
    I agree very much with this man Peter.

I would also rate everyone of those games lower. Like this:

Fallout 3 - 8/10
    Farcry 2 - 1/10
    Warhead - 1/10
    CoD 4 - 4/10
    L4D - 1/10
    CoD 5 - 1/10
    Red Alert 3 - 5/10
    Gears of War 10/10
    Gears of War 2 20/10

19. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Do you want a list? IGN and its ilk are the exception. There are plenty of review sites out there that actually have a soul left. Two favourites would be Eurogamer and Kotaku

The problem with your "proof" is that gamerankings puts too much weight on scores from sites like IGN. And that's another thing, the scores. They are completely meaningless. My advice would be to ignore them and read the reviews themselves. Go and read some of the (relatively) lower scoring reviews of Halo 2 for example.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  20. Cliff Bleszinsk

Cliff Bleszinsk Member

GPU:
    Gears of War 2
    And yet have still not produced a list.

Also any site with geocities in the address doesn't count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.