NewEgg lists MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card at an absurd $ 1100 dollars.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Time to buy a Switch and a couple games.

Keitosha and chispy like this.
  2. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    LOL "ships from China"

Newegg isnt in China, thats a 3rd party seller jeeezz people need to grow a brain and LOOK at things

Silva and tunejunky like this.
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think newegg has started to go bad :/ , as i have seen some scalping on other hardware up to including gpus sold and shipped by newegg and not third party sellers. Newegg is on my black list now as it has become the new ebay. I only buy from Best Buy walk in store or local stores with fair to good prices as no scalping is done. Ever since newegg was sold to new Chinnesse owners everything went to crap :confused: .

They have been doing some shady and questionable things lately and is getting worst. Like the newegg shuffle is nothing but scam in order for them to dump un saleable hardware like the time i got selected for a rtx 3090 but was bundle with a very bad low end Biostar B-350 amd motherboard and overprice to boot , i said go F yourself newegg and stopped buying from them.

If any doubts about their shady bussiness practice just watch this scam they are doing with Gigabyte exploding bad power supplies bundle always with the latest rtx 3xxx or rx 6xxx video cards , forcing those desesperate enough to pay full price for a questionable psu.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2021
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    If you find them on Newegg's site, and it's not just an ad redirecting you to some totally unrelated url, Newegg holds the final responsibility. Just like a big newspaper can have myriad journalists all writing articles and in theory being responsible for the contents of their own articles, but at the end of the day, the editor-in-chief is the one whose head will roll if crap really hits the fan. It's Newegg who decides what those third party sellers can sell and under what conditions. There's no escaping that responsibility. Unless Jeff Bezos already bought both the Senate and the Congress to be free of that responsibility at Amazon, and the same new laws would apply to every shop in the USA (laws dispatched from and sold by Amazon). Then I'll quietly withdraw.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's 1 PC shop in my area....and they were charging scalper prices before scalpers were... So, I only have a few options. Amazon, Newegg, B&H Photo, BestBuy, or one of the other etailers that are ripping people off.

Newegg is owned by a Chinese corporation..... Have been for several years now.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Airbud likes this.
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Newegg has pretty much gone to crap since then..... Only reason I still buy from them, is convenience. I hate having to contact Amazon because a listing was wrong and I ended up with something completely different or the USPS screwed up and lost my package again.....(that happens more frequently than not) Sure as hell isn't shipping speed. Most of my orders ship 2-3 days later and they have some deal with FedEx where packages can't be delivered early. I've literally had packages sit in the local FedEx depot for 3 days, because they got to the depot early.....and their contract with Newegg won't allow them to deliver early, according to the witch at the depot. I just ordered an R3 3300X, that I'm pretty sure I won't see until sometime next week because it won't ship until Thursday (the projected delivery date). Then it'll be at least 5 "business days" after that before they deliver it. So....probably around next Thursday or Friday.

chispy likes this.
  8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    The scalpers here, I mean the brick and mortar shops in a tech mall in my neck of the woods have been doing this for a while now. More or less matching online scalper pricing, and IF you want to get a GPU for less (though still NOT at MSRP level), you'd have to buy it bundled with some other parts for a system build.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that price was NOT neweggs prices that was 3rd party seller. title need to be edited to reflect that

10. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Too many facts an common sense. That and it has been pulled.

11. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Where do I buy for exactly $379.00?

12. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Newegg did, and will again, stoop that low!.... Same with Amazon!

The only reason they pulled the ad was because of people like us (Guru3D) complaining...
    (this very article)

Any company that lets a scalper charge scalper prices while calling it a third party seller and yet they are supposed to be an "Upstanding Company" can kiss my ***...

If Amazon, Newegg, and eBay would stop supporting scalpers....prices would go down.

Edit: I should not have included eBay in that post, that is a legitimate bidding website.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Allowing 3rd parties to set there own prices that are scalping is one thing but Amazon and newegg have never listed there own stock at such prices. almost all those places list there own stock as sold out and msrp

But soon as Online sellers are require check serials number for items being sold buy 3rd parties, against "sold" database and are require to take them down when seeing said 3rd party seller selling at such prices it will stop. but it wont happen.

14. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Amazon and newegg must be getting a kick back on total $$$

Best Buy will only sell at msrp here in the States and I hope they/their company grows bigger and bigger every year!... I will admit I used to not like them but now they are awesome.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    kick backs are all over place

16. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Not at Best Buy! ...msrp or nothing.

That's where scalpers buy them!
    90% of these people that are waiting in line at Best Buy for a new batch of RTX 3XXX are scalpers
    [​IMG]
    they stormed the building when it's opening time!

Here's a micro center

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Valken likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is humanity for you. dont give crap about other just them selves, just seeing the picture and video aggravates me on 2 different fronts

18. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    You'd think it was a covid center LOLZ! Nope just RTX 3080Ti LOLZ!

Valken and Airbud like this.
  19. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    So in the end they are in shop at 499 Euro... :(

20. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I was at a Micro Center on 3080Ti release day and it was nothing like that video, customers were waiting in one long line. At that time Micro Center was on a voucher system and store employees handed out voucher for video cards to customers waiting in line until they ran out of vouchers. Then they told those still in line they were out of cards, nice and orderly.

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/7909/closed-limited-availability-product-launch-faq

Airbud likes this.