new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

I guess that would make sense if I said "I would say Beta is better then WHQL" instead of "I would not say WHQL is better then Beta but I would say there is no difference between the two in the end" ....

If you use WHQL'd drivers, you are no more safe then using a Beta driver (using the 197.75 driver as an example) was what me and a few others were trying to get at. Better to view them as equal. All the more reason why someone would start a sentence with "I would say", making it opinionated because obviously not everyone shares that view, valid or not its not fact.

2. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Odd,

I did some test AA setting combination.

8x MSAA
    16x AF
    crash white screen.

8x CSAA
    16x AF
    same white screen.

4x
    16x AF
    still crash.

with previous driver 263.14 whql, I use 16x MSAA, 16x AF no problem running without crash white screen etc...

Event Viewer below for 266.35 beta

[​IMG]

Are you running 4xAA and 16 AF correct ?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Mine went up from 7.3 to 7.6,but not that it really means anything.lol

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I got 7.9 since 262.99 :)

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    They might be equal in terms of performance, but in no way are they equal in terms of stability. Thi is a plain fact!! You and a few others are trying to say there is no difference. That is bull my friend!!

6. zifnab

zifnab Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 560 TI GC
    Really, there's a big difference in stability? Are you joking, or just naive? Lets look at recent history, last gtx 460 whql was 260.99, released oct. 25th. Terrible in terms of stability for a LOT of users, as evidenced by the TONS of posts regarding problems on forums all over the net. How is that any better than the number of betas released since then, many not even released for the said card, that fix a lot of the issues. Use common sense. WHQL is nothing more than some dolt at microsoft rubber stamping a driverset that nvidia sends them.

7. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I'll check i think im running 4xaa/16af dx10

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If Nvidia release 266.35 beta driver to us, and at the same time it gets sent off for WHQL certification, when/if the 266.35 gets released as an whql driver, it will be the same as the beta.

The whql 266.35 won't be any faster or more stable.

If its a newer beta, then there is a possibly it might be less stable, but its not guaranteed, and the thing to remember with anything on the PC is that nothing is universal.

Anyhoo.

Just ran some benchies, and Dirt2 is the fastest i've saw it, 6fps faster than the 265.90, GPU usage could still be better, but tbh i think its a CPU issue.
    Lost Planet 2 seems a touch slower than the 265.90 Quadro's, but nothing huge 2-3fps.
    Stalker COP has similar AVG's, but the minimums are up 3-7fps, which is nice.
    AVP is identical as is Metro2033
    BFBC2 looks to have great GPU usage, but i find it hard to spend time on MP, so i didn't do much testing.

9. mr_47

mr_47 Guest

GPU:
    G RTX 3080TI GOC
    any gtx275 review with this driver guys?

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I keep crashing in BC2 also. I tried 4xAA and 8xAF it took about an hour to crash. So... I guess lower levels just prolong the time it takes to crash?

11. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Well all bench's improved but playing games is a different story.L4D2 freezes and opening video for l4d2 is choppy.I notice also aero is very sluggish and nv cp is very sluggish.If these do get whql then we have another junk driver on the way.Performance is good compatibility with games ive played is bad.

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    f 200 owners donot do benches they are the same 580 need to do sometheg like this

13. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    I didn't read the whole thread but with the 266.35 sli doesnt work in 3dmark 11 but with the 266.44 it does

14. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
  15. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    I've never had a huge problems with nvidia drivers until now! I tried lost planet 2 benchmark with 8x AA, not working. I played Alpha Protocol with 8xCSAA, crash. I made clean install, tried again, same problems.
    Just cause 2 with 4xaa and heaven benchmark with 8xaa works, but performance is same as with 265.90 drivers.

Installed 265.90 and all fine. So I guess i'm sticking with these 265's..

16. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    After having tried all drivers I find these to work the best in bfbc2 for me (including 266.44 and 265.90)

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    All i see is with the latest beta released forceware SLI is going downhill. While single cards work great.

18. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    I totaly agree with what you say , but as stated they are provided for testing.
    That is what I did and conclusion on this driver on how it is now in the beta stage = CRAP for the sli user. Nvidia needs to know this so they can work on the problems for the next WHQL driver.
    No problem for me , just went back to 263.09 the WHQL driver and all is good.

19. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Sli works fine here,maybe only gtx4/5xx users are effected? The benchmarks i posted are all sli and it shows clearly an improvement in fps.

20. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

From what i've read and tested myself, These are great for benchmarks and gaming but awful because they are buggy as hell, People who use single cards yes this driver is good without bugs popping up, SLI users re roll as it sucks for SLI..