Need Help with New PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Darkplayer, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Darkplayer

Darkplayer Member

GPU:
    x1900 All in Wonder
    Please Help.

Ok here's my problem, I made a PC for my friend but it won't start up. I set everything up, the Mobo, the connectors, the CPU, ram, Video card, but when it boots up it says press DEL to enter setup but pressing the key does nothing. The light on the keyboard goes on and you can turn caps lock on while the computer is booting up, but once it gets to the screen it just stops, I tried 2 keyboards now and neither worked.

Ok here are the specs:

AMD x2 3800
    Biostar TForce SLI
    EVGA 7900GT

Please if anyone can help me or give any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Make sure you've tried USB and PS/2 keyboards. Sometimes USB keyboards don't work 'till windows boots for me.

3. Darkplayer

Darkplayer Member

GPU:
    x1900 All in Wonder
    Haven't tried a USB keyboard, the only weird thing is the lights turn on, and it works until it comes to that screen.

4. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Try both at the same time :nerd:.

5. Snooper

Snooper Master Guru

GPU:
    2xASUS EN7800GTX
    Might try clearing the CMOS double checking any dip switches and plugs and power connectors. Then try unpluging the cdrom, hdd, floppy, etc from the board if you have more than 1 stick of ram remove them and see if it works then start putting it back together one part at a time.

6. Darkplayer

Darkplayer Member

GPU:
    x1900 All in Wonder
    I'm sorry, whats the CMOS?

And it should boot without the hard drive, cd rom, etc.?

7. Darkplayer

Darkplayer Member

GPU:
    x1900 All in Wonder
    Hey I fixed it, thanks for the help Snooper, but now I have another problem, after I installed Windows XP Professional edition my account had a password but I never set one?