need an ATI 4570 HD driver for windows xp professional x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by komputer, Dec 16, 2010.

1. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    ATI M RadeonHD 4570 512mb
    hi guys, on Ati website there is no driver for this system.

i have a question, maybe a stupid one indeed;
    i have a laptop with intel processor/chipset and acer aspire motherboard.

is it valid to install a AMD ATI Radeon HD4570 driver for my windows xp professional x64 system?
    because i have found it on the AMD website..

2. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    Are you sure it's a Mobility Catalyst driver with HD series support on XP x64 at AMD website.

3. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  4. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    AMD/ATI hasn't been allowed to publically release Laptop drivers on XP.
    You would either get them direct from the Manufacturer or try and mod them.
    In Vista/7 there is now a Mobility program where they can supply drivers direct. A couple of manufacturers opted out. But XP isn't included in this scheme.

I've been looking around, I've found a newish driver from the Developer team. Often their drivers have Mobility parts listed alongside Desktop Dev_Id's. So that a specific driver can be tested on many different systems.

Here's Cat10.7b which is from the Developer team and installs on a wide range of systems (HD series Desktops/Laptops-Firestream/Firepro).

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/OpenCL11ATICat107UpdateDriver.aspx

Another good driver, that I have installed on a few laptops is 8.74. This was a pre release driver that can install on nearly everything, Win7/Vista/XP x86/x64 Laptops/Desktop/ATI&Intel Switchable. It's dated April 2010 (early developer driver which became Cat10.6)
    http://www.station-drivers.com/tele...talyst_8.74-full(www.station-drivers.com).exe

There is also a program called Mobility Modder by Hardware Heaven. This will modify the standard Desktop Catalyst driver so that it installs on a laptop. I'm not sure if this program still works well with the newest drivers.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Id try with modded 10.12 for xp 64 since they're out. Its a pain in the ass to get new XP 64 bit drivers... (had XP 64 for about a year).

6. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    thanks allot guys. i will try with the one you provided Rik55.
    i dont think i will experience issues, i mean whats the worst it could happen right:p
    i havent installed the system yet. i will feedback after i will, in a couple of hours

7. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    The Chubu, it looks like a good driver, but i dont have any knowledge of modding the video card.. or you meant that its allready modded?

8. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    i installed Cat10.7b and its working so far.
    here is the driver version it installed: ati Mobility HD 4500/5100series.
    mine is 4570, so i gwess it fits.
    the only thing is that the color mode pixels are 32bits.
    my system is x64, and maybe thats a problem or maybe this is the usual color bits mode for the x64 graphic display drives?
    i dont know for sure

9. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    @komputer

Looks good. That's fine. A 64bit (x64) operating system uses a 64bit CPU with 64bit programing instructions to fully access 4GB or more system memory. Where as a color mode of 32bits just simply represents the color depth that your monitor can display. The normal max is 32bit for your monitor.

10. komputer

komputer Active Member

GPU:
    i dont know if the audio driver is compatible or not.
    usually if i go to realtek and download latest xp64 hdmi and wdm driver its the right procedure i think.
    but i got some explamation marks in devices : conexant setup api (its on 2 lines) and the audio high definition modem.
    even if my sound works.