MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16(2013-10-25)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 25, 2013.

1. gruia

gruia Guest

GPU:
    MSI 260x OC
    Having problems with AB beta8

When I use it 80% will block the clock (either core or mem) to its lowest value > 300 or 150

Ulps Enabled, everything else disabled (except monitoring)

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Does this mean Voltage Control for 290X too? Or they run different voltage regulators?

Many thanks. :)

3. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Hi everyone. I'm getting a lot of framedrops while recording using the quicksync plugin in Modern Warfare 2, other plugins/codecs work perfectly. I'm using AB 3.0.0 beta 16 and RTSS 5.5.0, Win 7 SP1 x64 all drivers updated. I configured the quicksync plugin as follow: encode server=on, Best speed, 20 Mbps and trying to record at 1080p 30fps. I've been monitoring my GPU and CPU usage in game and haven't notice any performance impact, so it must be an issue with my iGPU or the quicksync plugin. When I activated the iGPU I left the amount of memory it can use at the default which is 64Mb. Is this the problem? Should I set a higher memory value?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yes, they share the same IR3567B VRM. I'm having good progress with R9 290, able to detect VRM and read current voltages back from it. No promises, but there are chances that I'll get everything working during this weekend.

5. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    :banana:This is good news indeed , thanks for informing us !!

Waiting for the rain ...:)

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Great news! So far I have mine at 1125/1450 waiting for voltage control as I don't want to flash the bios. :)

Thanks Unwinder!

7. nfshp253

nfshp253 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M
    Hi, I'm having some troubles with getting the Intel QuickSync encoder to work. My laptop's using an Intel i7-3630QM processor which supports QuickSync according to Intel's website and I can see Intel HD Graphics 4000 in addition to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M. But once I've set up everything in Afterburner (strangely I'm missing the Direct3D11 option) and click on Benchmark, the program just returns the error:
    Failed to start encoding!
    Error code: MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED

Can someone help me please?

White_King likes this.
  8. Unwinder

Mobile systems have never been supported officially, you have to peek into software system requirements section of documentation before using it. Furthermore, switchable graphics systems are not the best platform for QuickSync because both cards (NV and Intel) need to be active at the same time to get proper encoding acceleration and rendering performance and that's not the case when you're running a game on NV card, Intel card is inaccessible at that time.
    So to get QS encoding working you should either force the game to run on Intel card (which will cause very major rendering performance hit) or try to 'hack' it using dedicated encoder server and forcing it to be run on Intel card via Optimus settings in NVIDIA control panel.

9. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Aww man, I'm so excited about this. Does it mean this will work correctly with SLI setups as well? Can someone upload this again? I'd love to test this! :banana:

EDIT:
    Okay I downloaded the last beta version and it works absolutely fantastic with SLI, notice almost no performance hit. Buffering to RAM and saving to disk. Excellent job, this is amazing!!! Better quality than ShadowPlay :D Means I can uninstall that bloatware again :wanker:
    Damn, I did some more testing and seriously props to you! This makes MSI Afterburner the best application that you can have right now unless you're recording 64 bit apps. Incredible. Great work!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Feature suggestion for future: Add option to autostart prerecording when entering 3D application. Could be a setting in video recording options. Nothing major but would save extra keypress every time when starting a game.

11. Unwinder

Yep, I was thinking about something like that myself.

12. basco

basco Guest

GPU:
    560tfII
    thanks very much for your time + continuous work unwinder!

13. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Optimus here, working fine by using 650M as rendering device, and QS encoding. :)
    And I just tested, 120FPS@30Mbps with 1366x768 full screen, no stutter, and I am not sure about 1080p will be stutter or not.

But I think this will not works for people that are muxed.
    Good idea, but I think it can be delay a bit, so that it don't causing any issues while the game just started and loading?

14. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    After saving the running buffer, there can be a few seconds of video without audio at the end of the saved file.

Also when I'm not mixing audio to multiple tracks, normalization causes the second audio source to be practically inaudible. It is being recorded, but the volume is way too low.

There's also this problem occurring only with AVI video format. Say I have the prerecording button to F8 and the video capture button to F9.
    I start the prerecording with F8, let it run until the 512MB buffer is surely filled. Then press F9 twice to save it to file. Then after a while press F9 twice again to save to file. The second file will have some corruption at the front. A part is missing that should have been pre-recorded and audio seems out of sync.
    Using:
    0 sec or 512MB prerecord buffer limit in RAM.
    MJPG Compression AVI.
    full frame (1920x1200) 95% quality at 30FPS.

It crashes when the RAMbuffer is almost full and set to 1280MB or more (playing counter strike global offensive, 1024MB works fine)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  15. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Alex read pm please....

thx! :)

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Great to see real voltage readings implemented once again.. :)

17. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Nope havent noticed this. All my recorded videos have been exellent so far. Including multiple recordings from the same buffer.

Do you mean Microphone as the second source?
    If so i can confirm this. There were several instances where i was defenetly speaking on mic but it's not hearable on the video (video shows 2 tracks). Could be my stupidity too as i dont have mic record mapped to the actual button i use in games (unable to map TAB or Numpad Add). Unless someone can shen some light on how i can change PTT2Hotkey=00000000h in "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\MSI Afterburner\Profiles\MSIAfterburner.cfg" to force it to use TAB key. Screenshot of my audio settings is below.

I dont press it twice. I have mapped prerecord and record to same keys and i always let it record about 5 seconds extra before ending the recording. Just speculating here but im guessing if you rapidly press record>stop>prerecord there is not enough time to write the buffer correctly to disk. Hence the corruption at the beginning of the video.

Hmm never tested with values higher than default 256MB. Is there any advantage using higher values?

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Unwinder

That's not specific to prerecord buffer and that's expected to have audio track shorter than video due to audio recording nature. Audio capture is always buffered, which means that what you hear at the moment will arrive to capture system some time later after audio capture hardware buffer enough data. That's why audio track is normally shorter than video. Mixing multiple audio tracks in one adds one more buffering level to it, tracks mixer may wait and buffer up to 5 seconds of audio on one track to be available if another one is missing. Summarizing, you cannot get rid of it, audio will always be a bit shorter than video, actual length difference depends on your audio system and application usage scenario (mix audio tracks on/off).

There are no plans to add adjustable mixing volume control for the second source. I can only recommend to write sources into independent audio tracks and perform manual volume adjustment and mixing if auto-mixing volume is not enough for your system.

I cannot reproduce that. What RTSS version do you use, the latest 5.5.0?

It doesn't crash, you simply cause your game to run out of memory with such settings. Be careful and think twice when reserving so much of application's address space for prerecord buffer, 32-bit game can use only 2GB of RAM so by reserving MORE THAN HALF of it you greatly increase the reason of having no memory for the game itself and increase the risk of stopping it working due to out of memory condition. It is set to relatively low 256MB by default no just for fun.

19. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hello, Unwinder,

any progress on unlocking of the voltage control on R9 290x , pls ?

20. Unwinder

Don't be that childish impatient. How many times have you asked the same over and over again.