Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Ok guys I decided to do like this: The HQ version Im releasing is gonna have 3 features, ULTRA, HIGH, and medium . you can all change graphics quality in game.
    and my settings are all tweaked for ULTRA, HIGH, and medium . so you will get all of
    my eye candy but better performance according to which one you use. high is something equivalent to vanilla Ultra. and medium is like high. but they all include
    the main graphic tweaks.
    :banana::banana::)

2. James Ohio

James Ohio Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770M 3GBVRAM
    Alright.. Great thinking man. I was waiting for this

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's great news man, just in time for the weekend lol. Your posts look great, I haven't seen weather effects like that outside of the E3 demo.

4. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked

Can it also be added to 'custom' profile as well? I personally like to run all ultra but shut off blur which makes the profile custom instead of one of the predefined ones.

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You can change the graphic setting with any mod, those are just the textures and effects he's talking about.

6. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    yes you may set anything you want. the only thing I havent modified is low :)

7. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    He got my meaning. Basically there are settings that are either turned off or not present in the other profiles. I was asking if he was also going to add them to the 'custom' profile as well. Which he did. So now you can use (Ultra, High, Med and Custom) profiles and have all the effects enabled. Just can't use LOW.

Perfect. Thanks for doing that, probably save you some headache in the end. ;)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I must say that Im really surprise by the performance differences and now you will also have the custom setting with a additonal modified HMBAO SSAO which is supersampled and highest quality. just in case someone wants to run that one. :) not much difference in FPS though :)

9. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb
    Could we get comparison shots between the different versions(cool,warm,subtle) in the OP?

The different links all take you to the same page so thats pretty useless.

10. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    they all have names so you know which one to download, just scroll to the bottom :)
    well here you can see some of the cool atmosphere and some of the warm at the end
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390558&page=13

and on the first page you see some warm and subtle ones
    you should be able to tell the difference and if not just download and try them

11. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb
    OH thanks i didnt see those.
    Will be getting the Cool :)

12. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Testing your latest version on my GTX 780 ti. I will come back later with the results ^^

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    thanks , enjoying your work

14. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    hey

I don't think he's released the 2nd hd version yet?

It looks very sweet on my 780ti tell me what frames you getting with which aa etc please? like in car and just standing around.

15. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Oh, I mean, v3.1 personal extra HQ. Tested it, there is a tiny bit of stuttering but is not bad, I was using FRAPS, lowest fps I got was 40 with vsync on. (In options I didn't change anything, I used his xml file, some stuff I changed was Vsync on, set controls to default, changed sound levels, and online options. Textures was on high, and I am sing 1080p res.)

I took some screenshots showing the FPS while driving , doing crazy stuff etc. Can someone give me a good website to upload the images ? Thanks.

EDIT: Night + Rain = stuttering with the v3.1 personal extra HQ. Even with vsync off. But I am aware that this version is heavy ;) just wanted to test.

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    So guys after some work Im finally gonna introduce improve textures with the HQ mod. Im going a bit over the limit with my personal mod:banana:

I just have to do some testing and boila. Im just trying to decide whether Ill use extra quality high textures or performance guided ultra textures. it seems that most people dont use the ultra anyway. unless theres a texture pack. but whats better

Leaving ultra intact and using HQ high textures?
    or
    Leaving high intact and using Lower HQ sunsets ultra textures.?

17. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Whatever is easiest, but I'd say leave ultra alone go with HQ high textures, I feel like that Ultra texture setting is doomed or haunted by stutters no matter what you do lol

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Yeah you are right.. It doesnt matter what we do to the Ultra textures, the problem is the mipmaps, these are the files that cause the stutters and without them the textures wouldnt look good

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Either one is fine I guess, I'd just like a changelog of stuff like that or something. Sunset's textures work well for those with a lot of stuttering issues, but even on Ultra they leave something to be desired for detail. I'd likely remove them and just use vanilla ultra textures.

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Textures are absolutely important @ the overall perception especially all the Textures with Text should be keeped @ Vanilla Ultra.