Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

I mean I will release it all together I think there will be no test on the quality version. I ll just push the engiens limits and thats it :)

Well I will just increase all the values and put them pretty high to achieve best quality while still playable. Expect high performance hits. This version will be for those who prefer quality over performance. meaning the performance wont matter as long as the game effects and textures and LOD, and shadows and reflections look awesome. I would only recommend it to those with 3 way SLI rigs or those titans or 780tis

2. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770

In short, he's turning every dial up to 11 lol :nerd:

3. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    But will the difference in quality be that different from your latest release? How different can it be? I mean, the game with your mod is already visually amazing. I'm curious to see some comparison screenshots.

What about that Ultra texture fix? Are you still working on it?

4. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    Actually they are quite different, there's substantial lack of detail

Check it out on this interactive comparison of wire net.

http://international.download.nvidi...-dogs-shadows-comparison-2-ultra-vs-high.html

Plus basically every railing on the pavement around the city lacks detail, it only displays the thick metal bar around, not thin ones in between, they are blurry mess.

Everything is perfect now, only the shadows need improvement, because they are not as good as in vanilla. If the new version will focus on quality then it will run a lot worse than now, if you increase quality of everything. :(

Please, if you could release a version with better shadows or at least tell me how to do it :(

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    textures fix was problematic and ruined other things. I had to ditch it. anyway theres should be a difference yes.

Well see it like this. Everything can be perfect. In order to make the game look good i increase some things that r most noticeable and decrease some things that arent that much. Theres really no magic into this. Theres no trick only values. If I increase the shadows it will just not run as good. Trust me they have a big effect in performance.

6. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    And by the way just so you guys know this

Ubisoft did not downgrade the game after all. people keep blaming ubisoft. what they did was that they made it in a way so it was just neutral. mayb some poor choices here and there. and that E3 demo video you guys have seen. that's just a cinematic demo. All games have them.

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The latest release looks great, but I think a few things were switched down for performance reasons. There quite a few textures included as well, were these resized or altered to help performance? I didn't take the time to crack open the xbt's to take a look.

I think more or less this is like an enhanced version of what's been done, so it'll have stronger visuals and effects like TheWorse mod, but with the realistic appearance of this mod.

That's true. Is it possible to dial up the high level shadows so they're some where between high and ultra? That way they look better but aren't as hindering as ultra. I haven't played with the shadows much yet, so I'm not really sure.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    You are an awesome dude. I have the same feeling about Ubisoft. No matter what they released there would be issues/complaining.

You have such a great attitude. Good man.

9. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Well Im sorry to say but I did not switch down anything but shadows a bit. lights that affect a particle. and everything else has just been retweaked. theres shouldnt be any less quality than in last version. What i did was that I checked what things affect performance the most and tweaked them. but quality and realism overall should be better.

well thank you man Im glad you agree. Im just saying what i can conclude after looking at the files myself and modding this game.

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's true, but it's also not. It's a tricky subject. I definitely agree that they failed in their presentation of the game. With mods and tweaks the pc still reigns supreme, but the PS4 version (after the patch) isn't too far behind and doesn't seem to have any issues anymore at all. It seems like something certainly was done, maybe not intentional perhaps. Either way the game's development was a fiasco and disappointing. Without the modders here it's not even playable.

11. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    agree with that too:)

have you guys read the hothardware article
    http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Watch-Dogs-Graphics-And-Game-Play-PC-Versus-Xbox-One/#!bcs6i5

12. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Ubi and other big companies are all going to be dealing with this balancing act of keeping everyone happy(console+pc users), which we all know is impossible, and in attempting to do that end up upsetting more people. This is a perfect example of that.

The showing off of cinematics at announcement is probably my biggest issue with all of this, but then again UBI at the time probably really were aiming for those visuals, then reality kicked in and reminded them **** happens.

13. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

brilliant perspective :) couldnt have formulated that better

14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's what I figured, the game does generally play better on consoles. If they did the PS4 the difference would have been more prominent. Obviously though a console cant compete with a hardcore gaming rig, so the failure has to be the software. They flubbed the pc version and probably didn't optimize it at all. Some details are really great and haven't been seen in games yet, but some others aren't anything special. Npc's for example could have been much more detailed, so it really makes you wonder what the deal is. I'd say as a whole graphically WD is comparable to Battlefield 4 and Crysis 3. Very graphically demanding games, yet perform smoothly at max settings.

15. managerman

managerman Member

GPU:
    SLI 2080ti
    Woohoo! Can't wait to test it! Thanks!

-M

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    this sandbox games are always much more demanding. there's too much going on. other games are more scripted. but yeah this engine and this game could have been much better optimized and by the way if you play watch dogs on medium and at a resolution of 720 p it should run better. I think consoles mix some high and medium settings.

17. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    Does anyone have the 3.1 version with less DOF?
    Gibbed Disrupt seems to be crashing every time I try to unpack the files. Anyone else able to unpack?

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    theres a modding link on the first page. drop the file on the unpacker exe

19. arias51

arias51 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Superclocked
    NVM got it working. Wouldn't unpack to the win_64 directory though. Had to move the files out to desktop. I don't like to use blur, so I always have to edit your renderconfig 'ultra' settings and turn it off so I get your changes without having blur enabled.

Can I just drop in the camera context file with lesser DOF or will that mess up the mod? Also are the settings in the gamerconfig different or can I still use my config from V3?

20. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    is this mod with maldos texture?