Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Building good spacecraft is very hard, it takes a lot of practice and experimenting to see what works well and what doesn't. As for orbiting, something that makes your orbit a whole lot easier is doing a gravity turn around 4-500m/s or at 15K above the surface, whichever comes first. To do this, you just angle the craft on the 90 degree axis at 20 degrees, then later on 45 degrees. Makes orbiting much easier, and makes designing craft that get up there a lot less difficult.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

The Herculoo B in very low orbit, 80km, took a hell of a lot of power to get this 260T super carrier in to space.

Crew: 24
    Support: 1 x refueller 1 x Rearmer 10 x Deployable Ion powered single man attack craft

Currently the vessel has 3 Kerbels and no support vessels, will need to send them up a bit at a time.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Cool.... you could make like a large shipping car park... thingie xD

I wonder what would happen if you shot a rocket at that..

5. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    Hello every one, be sure to follow the official Kerbal Community streaming channel @ twitch.com/KSPTV and me @ twitch.tv/pwnzistor - If any one would like, I do a fair bit of teaching for new players who are having trouble going to space and such.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thanks, helped a ton.

7. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well this should give a rough idea

[​IMG]

During one of the separation stages the centre most fuel tank and engine broke free. It drove up in to the main command module before getting spun upwards right through the centre of the ship, it literally tore the ship apart from the inside out, the ship then broke in two.

Herculoo C is under construction, B is nice enough but it is a tad bulky and I think I can get something a bit better looking. If I get C launched I'll send up some make shift rockets and blow Herculoo B out of the sky.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is the coolest ksp space station disaster.... ever.

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nice work man.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the

Herculoo F

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had started loading up the Herculoo C, managed to get the first two interceptor vessels up and docked, see Monsoon two docking inside the Herculoo C

[​IMG]

but started to see a few design flaws with the Herculoo C herself.

Too big, too heavy, not enough mono prop, not enough battery and no exterior docking ports.

The Herculoo F is actually longer, has a higher carry capacity, but uses 300 less parts and weighs in at a touch over 180Tons vs the Herculoo Cs massive 260T, the vessel is also much stronger thanks to some better internal bracing. Is more manoeuvrable, can run without solar panels has far more mono prop far larger battery supply, and has external docking ports.

Great thing is Herculoo B and C and still sitting in low orbit, so I am gonna load this ship up and then go a hunting

Oh and yeah there was a Herculoo D and E but they both failed to launch and required serious redesigns

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The Laughing Ma... You are a crazy person (゜-゜)

Hey cool!! How nice does Duna look!! I have only been to the moon, so it's just all grey.. but Duna is bright orange!!

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Haha yep, real Mars is similar although not quite as bright. It's because the soil is mineral rich and quite oxidized, if I remember correctly. I'm working on a manned mission now, but the maneuver nodes aren't cooperating. It's annoying because I know my ship is capable of getting there and back.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You made me think of this video >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCIzZHpFtY

When I started playing KSP I went on a youtube rocket video spree.. just looking up lots of rockets.. haha/// That one is one of my favorites because it shows the many stages needed to get to another planet.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So got the Herculoo F loaded up with laser armed interceptors and decided to do something fun with the now defunct Herculoos B and C.

So what happens when two super carriers collide at a closing speed of 100m/s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0eIj8ltCA&feature=youtu.be

Sry about the low FPS but with a total part count of some 1600 it's no surprise.

I got some more videos of the results which I may or may not upload, but the result was the Herc B spun off in to space while the Herc C fell out of orbit, broke up a bit more on reentry before smashing in to Kerbin.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Woot, completed my first lander rendezvous and docking attempt. Round trip Minmus landing complete!

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

17. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @ The Laughing Ma

I'M NEVER FLYING WITH YOUR AIRLINE AGAIN!!

xD

------

lol Wanny...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's quite amazing isn't it wubbles... they even had that ready in case something went wrong.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Where did lots of the newer posts go? I'm 100% certain there was more pages after page 8.......

Anyways.

Broken Links Thanks Guru3D.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013