Is it possible to whitelist

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by theahae, Dec 12, 2018.

1. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    hi, can i make RTSS work in whitelist mod and have it inject its dll to only to the whitelisted apps ?
    or is it just loading the libraries into every exe? I have global profile set to None.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Yes. Set it to OFF in the global profile, and ON in the app specific profiles you want.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sure, disabling it in global profile does exactly what you want - only whitelisted applications having profiles will be injected.

theahae and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    hey thanks for the quick replies but a program to check the dlls says otherwise
    [​IMG]
    Or is that how all dll injection programs work like ?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope, it doesn't say otherwise, you're misunderstanding the principles of API hooking. And you could find it out using search BTW, exactly the same question was asked and anwered. Hook library will be auto-loaded by OS in any process regardless of enabled/disabled application detection, but only whitelisted processes will be actually API hooked. For the rest processes it will just stay loaded in passive state.

theahae likes this.
  6. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    thanks, i thought as much. Scanline works wonderfully in an old game (zerohour).