Intel to hold conference for 2020 Arctic Sound discrete GPU next month

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    XenthorX, warlord and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Intel gaming GPU, lol. I expect GTX 1060 performance at the end of 2020 or early 2021 at BEST. That's if they really hit a home run and can charge about $75.00 for it. Intel gaming GPU, hahaha!

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well, to be the devil here, in the end I can't wait to see price wars between Nvidia and Intel. :D

Silva likes this.
  4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I have this feeling that whatever product they release will take a very long time before it can be geared towards gaming, They will most likely be stuck for professional use.

XenthorX and Silva like this.

5. DARKSF

DARKSF Active Member

Given the fact what a energy drain beast they created in the Face of the Vega architecture which showed that GCN should not exist anymore , I really doubt they will create something better under Intel.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I bet it has 4 Cores instead of 2500.

Neo Cyrus and Silva like this.
  7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    In 2020 if Intel can get their 10nm process working.

moo100times, Silva and Texter like this.
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Probably only a multi display adapter, not much more. Not sure it will be able to run games, let alone Crysis...

Silva likes this.
  9. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    Silent Hill - Homecoming will run fine on intel d.gpus

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Somehow, "Arctic Sound" sounds like a Sound Card to me, not a video card.

In any case, I hope Intel can deliver serious competition so we'll hopefully have three viable options at fairer prices in the future.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Silva and rl66 like this.

11. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Here's a new thought...imagine how prices would change and innovation speed increase if we finally had real competition, across all tiers, for Ngreedia!!!

I've no problem whatsoever where this competition comes from...AMD, Intel, etc.

Now, let's apply the same thinking to Intel's CPU's...is Ryzen / Threadripper looking tempting? More tempting into next year's Horizon??

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    There probably won't be any ice left once they fire up that graphics card.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Have you ever heard sound of Arctic Storm? Forget about Leaf Blower design... People will cover their ears in terror.

rl66 likes this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Too bad Intel likes to charge even more than Nvidia and only innovates from time to time... Also expecting an high end GPU from Intel to compete with Nvidia in the near future is just a dream...

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Here's a bold claim: If there's real competition, Nvidia cuts down by say 100$ for the top model, AMD is just behind with 50$ cheaper than Nvidia, and Intel can't keep up with performance and is the new budget deal.
    It's not like AMD wouldn't dare to charge money for a good product that can compete, they do in their fields as well. And we've already seen in many cases that the general "market theory" does not work, just because there's competition doesn't mean they meet on the bottom end of price range, they might as well go for inflated prices if they can sell enough cards :D

airbud7 likes this.

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    For that we have Quadro from NVidia or some really rare Radeon Pro and as seeing how hard it was for AMD to get some pro market despite being a major GPU builder :) i guess it would be dead end for Intel GPU.

On other hand it sound that is the same that have found the coffee lake name for a processor or so :)

Not that much :) it's like sandstorm in desert loud but not terrific about the noise.

17. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    I just want competition for Nvidia. We all know what they do price wise when they have no comp. And here is crossing my fingers Intels much larger piggy bank can come up with more competitive solutions. Money for research and ongoing roadmaps had to have been a real issue with AMD.

18. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    Well accept it, a three way market is better than 2 way market. And Intel does have the resources to pull this off. Just like many didn't expect Intel to struggle with 10nm and lower, it turned out that way. You never know when they can bounce back.

There are expectations from Intel on this account, some have low ones, some have high. And this is obviously creating a lot of buzz :D

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Uh.... nobody said this was a gaming GPU. So, you're basically laughing at something they never said.

tunejunky likes this.