Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Infested Nexus, Aug 30, 2006.

1. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Not sure what you guys were expecting from these GMA chips but obviously they're still weak compared to ATI/nVidia offerings.

I have a AMD X2 4200 at work with an integrated GeForce 6150LE and 2 GBs of RAM. Benching it in 3DMark01SE only got me about 5k. That's from nVidia, so how much better can Intel do? I imagine it would've gotten higher than 1172 in 3DMark03 though:)

2. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Of course these chips will be weak, but at least you get a little more power for your buck in featherlight class notebooks. I had to upgrade a friends computer to a 7400go for around $70 on her dell XPS (the smallest one with 12.1 widescreen) just because I had another friend who had the Intel integrated and he could barely use dreamweaver if he was editing a page with lots of pictures to load.

Hopefully this will bring 2D power use into the light notebook realm, if it does that I will be happy. I'm not expecting to play F.E.A.R. with it or anything :) (although that 7400go will play BF2 supprisingly well!)

3. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    BF2 isn't very demanding though. BTW I asked you in another topic to link me to the article that explains why TVs require less FPS to look smooth. So do you still have the link or remember the article name/title?

4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M

5. hmm intreasting summary of the eye, completly useless t osomeone like me who has a iq of less than 120 but oh well :D