I need a new deep game...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sparx, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Sparx

Sparx Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    It's been so long since I've played a good deep roleplaying/action/adventure game... I love playing them.

The Final Fantasy series is amazing - were 7 stands out, I loved playing that game. I just enjoy these games so much were you get so involved playing it, a good addictive game, that involves you in the storyline and try to solve it yourself and understand everything, awesome gameplay, just a game to think deep...

Another one, Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I loved playing this game too! It had a decent storyline, revolutionized Nintendo and the Zelda series and I loved playing it! It was so much fun, everything about it... The gameplay was awesome, the place was huge and everything had such a good meaningful reason, I loved the action, the adventure, the roleplay, the game...

As for the Zelda series, there last release was the Minish Cap on the Gameboy Advance, since then there has been no release, announcement, talk, plans or word from Nintendo of another Zelda for over 2 years...

Now onto the Final Fantasy series, since X-2 (10-2) it's got kinda boring and repetitive to play... I loved VII, VII, IX and X (7/8/9/10).. But X-2 and 12 have bored me... I haven't bothered with XI (11), to me that's not even a Final Fantasy, it's not the same, stupid pay-to-play online PC game...

There hasn't been a good game like these in YEARS! Where have all the good roleplaying/action/adventure games that take you deep inside gone? It's all about graphics, eye-candy and game developers/programmers/designers having to keep up with the latest tech BS that graphics card manufacturers (NVIDIA/ATi) keep releasing! I wish they'd put an effort ratio of like 75:25 (gameplay/graphics) when developing games...

All I'd like is a good game that I can game deep into, be addicted to that takes some good gameplay time to complete or come to the end of... Where I can complete it and think to myself; what a great game!

I posted this after watching the retrospective videos of the Final Fantasy and Zelda series from GameTrailers.com and it made me reflect on how awesome those games were, makes me want to go play them again now!

Sigh... :(

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Well if you think Zelda and Final Fantasy were deep than playing something like "Plane Scape: Torment", "Fallout", or "System Shock" will cause you to have aneurysm. Sounds to me more that you are looking for an rpg lite with strong narrative, I suggest giving "Anachronox" a try, it's a console style rpg with a great story, a lot of humor and memorable characters.

3. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

How about FEAR? Great story! Keeps you hooked. Pretty deep for an FPS. (atleast I though it was. others may not agree)
    However you seem to like RPG's (which I can't stand)

4. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    RPG.... only new good one seems to be Two Worlds... well meybe loki if ur supa Diablo fan :p if u didnt play games like fallout u have to play em :D

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good luck with that. I'd try Bioshock once it's out. That should have a great storyline and atmosphere. Then also consider NWN2, very good IMHO.

6. Rampagingkorean

Rampagingkorean Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    i suggest metal gear solid series i like the story line i suggest metal gear solid 3 only 10 dollars at best buy lol

7. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Well aside from the Twilight Princess on the GC/Wii and the forthcoming Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for the DS.

However, if you fancy something different there are a lot of alternatives for you to try. I'd recommend checking out Bioshock when it's released next week and you could worse that catch up with some of these gems, Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Max Payne (1 & 2), Fable and Deus Ex.

8. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    FF3 on DS is good.

Oblivion is good, although obviously its a very different style to jRPGS.

9. malc30

malc30 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS+
    Medieval II total war is HUGE.
    A new genre for me to get in to & i am loving it. Good tutorials great single player campaign mode, Historic battle mode, Custom battle mode & Multiplay.
    I've had it around a week now & reckon it'll take me years to get through what with the expansion due out & the numerous mods currently available & also due for release.
    With that BF2 & RFactor + mods my gaming is totally taken care of.

(First post so "Hi All" :ying: )

10. Sparx

Sparx Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    Played it and cleared it, was alright. ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about those... I'd get Bioshock if my rig could play it, heh. Had Fable, cleared tha too... Will check out Psychonauts and Deus Ex.

I don't like playing Oblivion for some reason...

I've got it. However, I love my FPS games as well too! But I love playing a good RPG! ;)

11. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    wait for bioshock

12. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    I have started playing Black and white 2 after it languished on my shelf for a year. Really enjoying it and now i have a recently upgraded rig i can play it at 1920/1200 rez with all sliders maxxed. Looks absolutely fantastic and runs at 45 to 60 fps, a game that's well worth a ebay buy.

13. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    System Shock 2.

14. >>Shoot Here<<

>>Shoot Here<< Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X850XT 256MB @ (560/590)
    I like the kingdom hearts series for ps2... if you can get over the initial thought of why am I playing a disney game, it is really really good. And the fighting is not turn based, just free flowing kicking ass.

15. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Neverwinter Nights series
    Baldurs Gate series
    Jade Empire
    Star Wars: Knights of the Republic
    Guild Wars

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Besides the disney part(Which doesn't turn me off this series. :D) Kingdom hearts has a very good and deep story. :D I enjoy playing it everytime, and the button command type system in KH2 adds more to the KH series as a button mash game. I play this game, I feel like I'm apart of it.

Devil May Cry for PS2 is really good. The PC version of DMC3 is alright too.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Give Minish Cap a try.

Surprisingly good game.

18. Sparx

Sparx Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    I looked into the Neverwinter Nights series but it didn't seem that appealing, played Baldurs Gates at a friend, s'alright. Jade Empire? Not looked. Star Wars doesn't appeal to me either. I've had Guild Wars since it was released, got every expansion pack, completed each storyline and done a lot of PvP, waiting for Eye of the North to be released at the end of August! :)

Played the 3 Devil May Cry's, enjoyed playing them! :)

19. .:sTreeT:.

.:sTreeT:. Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GT CO 256MB 470/1100
    BIOSHOCK. drool......it's already been named by one review site as "the best fps since half life 2". AKA. A thinking man's shooter. I think it got a 10/10 also. Can't wait.

EDIT: By the way it comes out next week.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Star wars doesn't appeal much to me either, the two games are still incredibly good though, lots of black and white moral choices, two of the best rpg's since 2000 i'd say.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007