I can't stream anything...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Neal, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    I was messing about with firefox to stream launch.com and mtv.com etc...got launch.com working, but i dont know what happened next, nothing else streams (not even launch.com anymore). Every program that tries crashes or just hangs when connecting...really weird. Anyway to reset all activex/registry/file settings with all tyes streaming protocols/programs etc. I dont think i did anything personally and its too far back to system restore

Really stumped and want to watch music videos...!

cheers

2. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    What codecs are the streams using ? Windows Media? Realplayer? Quicktime? Try reinstalling the application it uses the codecs from the stream.

3. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    yeah went up from WMP 9 to WMP 10, no change...i'll try downloadin the codecs seperatly, shal let know

4. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Unfortunately not all web pages are made to work in FF.
    This is offen the case with streaming web pages.

A compatibility test is run on the browser and if it gives back the answer "im a FF" well the test is returned as failed.

Now this don't necessarily mean that it can't be done.
    Just that as long as your FF "tells" it's a FF it may fail before you even get the chance to try.

Some sights in the quest for keeping you on their web page only playes inside the browser and needs to have ActiveX or some plug-in installed and again FF users can be left behind.

Now you can use ActiveX in FF but the lack of it is one of the things making the browser safe to begin with.

Complete Embedded Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows Users.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206216&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Can I use ActiveX controls? Yes, however, this is not advised.
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-windows.html#qa-npmozax

5. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    animatrix...IE6 has stopped streaming as well...there is no streaming period...i'm stumped man!