I am asking for your help. For real.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Feb 3, 2020.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I am at the end of my wits.
    Had this situation escalated in a very horrible way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/evdwer/i_am_called_scammer_by_one_person_trying_to_scam/

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...arket-gpus-part-2.423192/page-49#post-5755178

The #Wallapop platform in Spain revised the photos that ANYONE can see that the GPUS is faulty, defective.
    They settles the situation is seller's favor. I own a GPU brick now and money are gone from my account.
    I made a twitter account to get in contact with the Wallapop platform , it is the only way they consider to respond.

https://twitter.com/horatiu53529200/status/1224404579170816000?s=20

Guys, my Twitter is @horatiu53529200. I don't have any idea how this platform can help, but please retweet my tweet, like or whatever.
    Just asking for a real decent settlement and my money back. Never, ever, ever happened this to me, so there I am .
    Can anyone point me in any direction?

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Few questions first:

What is the Wallapop platform, like eBay or something?

How did you make the payment, bank transfer or credit card / PayPal?

In any case buyer is protected by laws should all else fail. Spanish platform needs to comply with EU (and local) legislation.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    dark_surge and anticupidon like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm a little confused, did you get your money back eventually? Is the guy basically giving you a bad review calling you a scammer?

dark_surge and anticupidon like this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Yes, something like EBay. Their rule is to make the payment within the app/platform , plus some insurance to protect you.
    I payed everything, and still got scammed. And they settled in sellers favour, although provided all the evidence they asked. How can someone can not see that the gpus has oxidation on circuits and displays artifacts?

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    he first called me a scammer, because maybe that's a trend to buy something and claim it's faulty.
    But GPU i received is NOT the same he send first the screenshot, and what I received clearly is not working. I opened the dispute, he claimed that i am trying to scam, Wallapop asked for evidence which I fully provided. After many days of silence, I send them more e mail, with full details and full description of the facts.
    They responded today, with a brief message, sorry we settled in seller favor, get over it or go frack yourself.
    Excuse me?

I am dizzy, I can not imagine how this turned that bad. People who are settling disputes, they are tossing a coin, or how this even works?

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    But that payment within app, was it billed from your credit card or how did it actually work?

If credit card then immediately contact your bank and tell them you want to dispute the payment.
    They can probably help you with how to take things further. Actually contact your bank regardless of payment method I'd say.

7. Screw that dude. Give me a shout, I will send you an rx580. I have a couple laying around. Got a brand new one you can just have.

386SX, Embra, Size_Mick and 9 others like this.
  8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Will contact my bank first thing tomorrow. It's not about the money, it's about letting bad things happen.
    Really, I just can't accept to just be screwed like this. I think it is not the end of the world for me, but maybe for someone else is.
    I hate so much scammers and their sleazy way of getting away with it with a smug smile on their face.

AsiJu likes this.
  9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ill try to get my money back. If not I will scrap something to pay you

10. No sir. I won't hear of it. Get with me on shipping info, i will send it to you. I didn't spend a dime on it, neither will you. its an xfx 580 gts xxx edition. Try to get your money back, sure.......but keep the rest. I don't need this card, and i refuse to take your money for it.

386SX, Size_Mick, jbscotchman and 8 others like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I totally understand that. But get "bigger players" involved to serve justice better. You'll get your money back and then some!

Shitty thing either way. Buying used is rolling the dice but you shouldn't get fracked over ever.

Btw does the Wallapop platform seriously only communicate via Twitter? That in itself sounds strange.

Wonder where that "insurance" you paid actually went...

also @SweenJM that's very decent of you! For every scammer there's a good person somewhere too.

sykozis and anticupidon like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Respect man. With so many scammers trying to frack you over atleast someone is kind enough to help the fellow guru.

13. Scammers piss me off. They give small time computer hustlers of all kinds a bad name.

386SX and airbud7 like this.
  14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @SweenJM You sir, just made my day. I thank you with all my heart. May God bless you and your family.

jaggerwild likes this.
  15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn you sir are not aware yet, but good things are happening in this forum. We make this forum what it is. i am in Guru3d's debt and @SweenJM's for his most gracious gesture.
    Folding@Home for @Guru3D team, will enroll in your ranks as soon as i get my computer whole again.

386SX and MerolaC like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Heard a good things about it. Those xfx polaris cards are decent. Is it a 4 or 8gb ver?

17. 8gb. Yeah, they are pretty nice cards.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Somebody buy this man a beer now!

19. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Amazing. You Sir are a Fantastic Human.
    So cool to come home from work and see this going on instead of all the usual stuff.
    Good to see a fellow gamer getting back up and going.
    Everyone have a fantastic day!

airbud7, Undying, AsiJu and 1 other person like this.
  20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    wow a medium that actually settles in the sellers favour? i may have to start selling there, eBay is a disgrace with that.