Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 16, 2015.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yeah, pretty much. Those are Stalkers by the way and you’re referring the Lodge.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The game is amazing and looks just as amazing, even on "ps4" is it not 60 FPS sure but the frame pacing is so good it forgive able, Horizon Zero Dawn which i got with all the addons, will turn out to be another Skyrim game to, I sill spend 200+ hours messing around in the the game and probably and admiring it and never finish the game. like Skyrim i restarted this game mutliple time. imo the face animation leave lot to desire there just not as creeping bad as some games and most are bad anyway ( i looking at you until dawn) facial animations in that game where down right creepy and imo ruined graphics and look, It almost like the dont really motion capture the facial animation at all HZD facial animations are way better in comparisons, lip sync aside.

I kinda sad I returned my ps4 pro cause enhancements to the games was worth price, but sadly the coil noise it made under "pro" game was not some game it was so bad being 8feet away and headphone on couldnot hide that noise which seem to be wide spread issue with the pro's from what i been seeing on net and fact i went threw 4 replacements before i gave up. i envy the people that cant hear those tone anymore or arnt drive insane by it.

3. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X

PATCH 1.10 (HRZ-PCR 154/6213244 00:20 - SAT JAN 09 2021)

PATCH NOTES

Crash Fixes

• Crash fix for when players continuously pressed the windows key
    • Crash fix for when you press the LMB on the ESC button in the Benchmark Results

Performance Improvements

• Fixed an issue which saves up to 250MB of VRAM on all AMD GPUs

Graphical Improvements

• Fix for negative values in cubemap relighting shader (fixes for example the red graphical glitches in the Hades fight if you let the timer run out)
    • Fix for the graphics settings preset name not updating when you pressed Auto-Detect
    • Fix for the menu (and loading screen) being displayed at incorrect scale when changing AF in borderless mode
    • Fix for the resolution sometimes being too low in windowed mode
    • Fix for the errands quest list overlapping with tutorial quest list

Other Changes

• Graphics settings are now stored in a text file instead of a binary file to facilitate easier tweaking

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    For those that have the game for ps4 and are playing it on ps5

I assuming FPS mode is still locked at 1080p @ Stable 30fps and Res mode is now 4K @ stable 30fps?

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I've tested it on PS5, both graphics modes are locked 30fps.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Both "seem" locked to 30 but i dont think both keep 30 fps for some reason, Some time moving the camera around seem to very "laggy" and when 30 fps drops bellow 30 fps I difiently see it effect on moving the camera. and no gamemode is on and I can see difference with it on and off it not as obvious as it is @ 60fps as it is @30fps, but gamemode is on (tv)

I have also test Res Mode and FPS mode, I honestly cant tell difference in normal game play between the two resolution wise,Framerate wise cause they both seem to doing the same FPS. with drop here and there still, But in FPS mode the draw distance and textures seem much better at a distance, up close and scene where there dialog and all that all like identical.

So the question is Framerate Mode lock at 1080p or is it doing some sorta dynamic res? I read people said Res mode is way to play on ps5 but FPS mode look to have better detail and distance then RES mode but virtually Identical Frame rate performance and resolution atlest that I can see from playing the game.

Wish they gave us 60fps mode, dont get why there drops here there still it should virtual stable 30 across the board on ps5. talking FPS drop not associated with pulling data from Storage. cause same drops I got due pulling data from Storage on ps4 7200 rpm in certain I was using are still there on External T5 SSD I using and that more like Stuttering thing.

Overall it really is amazing to look at, Face animations are still little creepy.

Game reminds me to much of skyrim only much better looking and not 60fps so many thing to do in world that you can easily get sidetracked

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Undying and Netherwind like this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  10. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Just gave the 60fps update a test run on PS5. Looks and feels great. There are a few bugs I've noticed. The tall flowing red weeds and other plants do not animate in all directions when Aloy runs through them. There is lots of texture draw in and a few pop ups here and there. Her hair seems to animate more like the PC version now. (stiff) That's what I see so far. The game plays beautifully with the 60fps patch. A few fixes here and there will make the updated version awesome sauce.

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I made it to Meridian. This game is finally starting to pick up. Again, a beautiful looking game indeed. Between the PS5 and the PC I must go with the PC version. There is so much more detail along with a higher framerate.

Undying likes this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got platinum which was quite doable in comparison to many other games. Great game for sure!

14. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I cannot believe how much this game cheats against the player. Nothing seems to have any measure on what happens with my life value.
    I kid you not I just jumped to dodge a flying bolder and the game pulled me back into it and I died.
    I cannot paly this its complete toss.
    EDIT: Ignore me, just spitting out my dummy. Its a good game really. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023