HIS 4850 IceQ4 game problems...need advice

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by slacker126, Feb 26, 2009.

1. slacker126

slacker126 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D 275GTX
    hi, i just recently upgraded to my 4850 and have been having all sorts of problems with it in all my games. In either of the following titles i am getting crashes ranging from the screen just going black to the game locking to the game shutting down and me recieving and error saying the app has to stop: Burnout Paradise, EndWar, GRID, HL2, and BIA: Hells Highway. My specs are on the side and i am running Cat 9.2 on a fresh HDD and a fresh install of Vista Ultimate SP1. any advice or clue to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    How many amps are on your power supply 12v rail(s)?

3. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    i had real life performance drop with 9.2 although my 3dmark showed a 200+ improvement i would recommend you to install 9.1 mind you i game at 1280x1024.... i have a generic psu so i don't think psu is a issue here... have tried to play games without oc your pc??

4. slacker126

slacker126 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D 275GTX
    the PSU has 2 rails 12V1 is 18A and 12v2 is 23A.....i did some monitoring with HW Monitor and came up with the 12v rail ranging between 11.97 - 12.22 during what gaming i could accomplish...do you think that is the stem of my problem??? everything on the system is brand new btw, only a week old build and works wonderfully except when in gaming...no other stabillity problems