help with my 6200

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by jobber, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    hi im kinda new here so i was just asking for sum help.. i have a geforce 6200 AGP runnin on 4x bus ( excuse my "computer" talk i dont know that much of it) 256 mb. when i go to overclock it (stock is 350/400) i click manual overclock then put it to performance 3d then detect optimal frequency, it does its thing and finishes at around 373/4 sumtin i click apply to save the settings it just freezez.. nothin happens computer isnt running as in not doing anything.. anyone have any ideas?

2. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    well, you could also try manually OCing it, like adjusting the sliders yourself

i suggest bumping up the clock speeds 5 mhz a time, then run 3dmark, see if the card still works perfectly, then go higher, repeat untill you start seeing errors in your 3dmark or game and then back away a bit again

your situation is a bit odd, your card should easily do 400 mhz i think, and 400 on the ram is rather slow as well, but just test the limits of both clocks manually

3. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    yeah thats a good way but i prefere to realy take my time with overclocks (you may notice mine go up a little from time to time) just put it up a little then play your games for a couple of days then do the same again and again untill you get problems then take it down a notch

4. [Master]Sergio

[Master]Sergio Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 7800gtx @ 500 -1370 22"IIyama
    I reccomend you do just as DrFreeze says.
    And dont use the auto detect button.
    There excists no program that can detect in 2min what your max STABLE clocks are..

5. MID-E

MID-E Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB
    what drivers are you using 81.85, 81.87 older ?

6. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    i know ive got the latest for direct x.. video BIOS version = 5.44.A2.02 ( i dont know wut any of this is) and i think wut ur talkin about for what drivers is 77.72

7. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    what motherboard? did you receive any updates to your mobo through windows update? this has nothing to do with overclocking, but what is happening to you sounds similar to what happened to me, and it turned out to be my gigabit lan was updated to a faulty driver, and when ever a certain program trys to connect through it , it would just freeze

8. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    uuhhh jeez im not sure what kind of motherboard i have if u could tell me where i could see i could tell ya

9. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    true, overclocks take testing

i do really like atitool however, it continuesly runs a test for arti's and keeps bumping up the core or mem speed a few mhz at a time to find the best speed

i really liked this when i had my 9600 pro, got my some nice OC's on the thing too, went up to 480/520 from 400/440

i wish someone made something like that for NV, cus its a really handy tool, it gives you a very nice and accurate indication of your OC while testing it

and they could use a green morphing sphere of something in the arti test instead of the red cube for kicks :p

10. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    so uhh any ideas on what i should do?

11. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    dont overclock it and save for a better card lol

12. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    yeah im gettin a 6600 GT in a few days.. just ordered it. cant wait

13. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    you'll be glad you got the 6600

14. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB

First thing first....... there is nothing wrong with your hardware, it is a driver problem !

My friend who uses the same card has simillar problem...... After a bit of R&D he told me that almost all the driver supporting 6200 has the same problem except for few ......

He told me that the last driver which worked fine (that allowed him to overclock) on his card was 81.26

you can download these drivers from guru3d download section !!!

But there are two entris of 81.26 in the download section

One with WHQL Tag & other without it !!!

But i dont remember which one in those two he used !

Try any of them or both of them .......... I hope it will solve your problem !!!

HAPPY OVERCLOCKING !!! :)