GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes after a few months of driver optimizations of course, but the cryengine is no spring chicken either. I'd probably compare it to FC3 also, it'll be very shader heavy but i remember the shaders in Crysis 2 were very unoptimized.
    But yeah just have to wait, man i hope i'm gonna be able to enjoy my aliens: CM knowing this hardware killer is on the horizon, poor GPU doesn't know what it's in for. :p

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The Jetstreams ain't reference designs, you would have to dig up on the net if it would fit.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's because the design of the cooling sucks. The Fans spin in such a way that the air goes out the sides rather than creating a vortex into the PCB.

4. TwoPlusTwo

TwoPlusTwo Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan SLI
    Lol, you guys inspired me to do something about my GPU temps. For me, the issue was that I was still using the entry-level case I had when I first got into PC gaming. It was quite small and didn't have large fans.

So I bought a Cooler Master 932 Advanced, and put my PC in that. It is much larger and has 4 fans, 3 of which are pretty large. Temperatures are down quite a bit.

Not nearly as low as Uncle Dude's arctic temperatures (crazy!), but lower than they were. I'm happy with it. :)

[​IMG]

^^Dunno what's wrong with my cell phone camera, but I'm gonna upgrade to iPhone 5 next month anyway, so I don't care.

Also, when I got into PC gaming 2 years ago, I bought it pre-built. So this was my first time assembling one. Good learning experience for me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's a great case. Congrats!

6. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Finally fit the Noctua NH-D14 with Artic Silver 5 thermal paste. Idle temps after cold boot for GPUs and CPU are about 10c cooler. Highest GPU temp running Unigene Heaven benchmark was 70c. Need to run FC3 to see if the GPU temps still pass 80c.

7. xenphor

xenphor Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    Does anyone know what happened to the vsync issues that the 680 was having? For me it's hard to say if I'm having problems or not because some games run well with vsync and some others not so well.

There's also the strange practice of frame limiting a game to the refresh rate of the monitor (60hz/fps) in addition to normal vsync. That just seems strange although sometimes does produce a smoother experience.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Keplers had bad driver support the first few months after release, also when they boost it can be noticed in-game at times especially if the boost is say +150mhz, also somegames indeed do run better with a framerate limit set, some games have them built in like hitman & borderlands2, Sniper Elite V2 is one of the worst for the stuttering, but it's a game engine problem and is alleviated by setting framerate limit.

9. xenphor

xenphor Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    I've downloaded the demo of Sniper Elite v2 and I had to frame limit it to 30fps; not sure how to get 60fps though. Were there any other games that caused a lot of stutter for the 680?

edit: Actually I just downloaded the demo of Sniper again and now it seems to run fine with just normal vsync.

edit2: One game that is performing poorly is Alice Madness Returns. I get stutters/freezes and one crash to the desktop. I have no idea why it's so difficult to run because it uses Unreal Engine which seems to work fine in other games.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Hey Long time user of 680 since march 2012. I forgot to join here. Been running my 680s 24/7 with boost 1241/3163. Thanks. :)