1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    GeDoSaTo doesn't add support for DX11, it adds support for Pillars. He simply said in the release that more and more people ask for DX11 support.

Imagine if that could have ever be integrated in RadeonPro :/

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    That's what i say "add DX11 downsampling support for Pillars of Eternity" not for all DX 11 games. :)

Of course more and more people ask for DX11 downsampling on GeDoSaTo thanks to AMD "effort" on extended VSR support.

I have a lot of imagination but this is not a dream, it must be a miracle and i don't believe in miracles.

BTW...Is not RP halted and his developer hired to work on some AMD crapware bundled companion software?

Smart move AMD you stop the development of the only usefull software to manage your GPUs graphic settings.

Nvidia must be very happy.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    RP works fine.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    John Matauri works for Raptr( :/ ).

It still does, but come the new API's, it's gonna be partly useless.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Wishful thinking,but hopefully the new APIs wont need it.

There will always be dx9, dx10, and dx11 games to play, so RP will still be useful to some extent.

6. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    If crossfire doesn't work with the game at launch, I'm gonna be seriously mad. Nvidia is releasing a driver today as they do with EVERY GAME to ensure it works properly. Step up your game AMD.

7. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Tbh tonight will be decisive on how I proceed with AMD hardware. If crossfire is lacking in GTA V I will begin the immediate sale of one of my GPU's then after a month passes I will sell the other one. In the end there is a good chance I will go green.

8. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    The Nvidia driver was just released :(

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The drivers also offer support for 8x SSAA, which makes the whole "they don't provide it because it would be slow" argument completely invalid.

On that I agree with you. From all the latest releases that I can name, only FarCry 4 still has stuttering problems, but apparently it has them everywhere (Ubisoft's Dunia engine is apparently at its limits).

So, the release on launch day of a crossfire profile for a single game will judge whether the GPUs you've had for so long were worth it?
    If they weren't, why wait until now?
    If they were, why so much whining?

Coming from an old SLi setup, I can tell you that my solution to multigpu setups is NEVER AGAIN. Unless Vulkan and DX12 take off and developers prove to be as competent as the people in Firaxis (the Mantle Crossfire profile they developed is state of the art), then simply forget multigpu from any vendor.
    Go to the NVIDIA section and see the happiness about SLi profiles. AMD might be worse, but not that worse. The amount of garbage that both vendor's drivers have had to carry to support custom profiles for every game is stupid. I can't wait for the new APIs.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I agree. If AMD can't release a working driver for one of the biggest games released for a while on the PC, then they will never get it right.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Far Cry 3 has the same problems with the same engine. NVIDIA cards seem to have much less stutter and a much smoother experience (we can only blame AMD here, unless Ubisoft are doing it on purpose)?

The point isn't about drivers, it's about the competition. NVIDIA release drivers for new games not just because there are performance improvements, but because that's what we want, we want updates and improvements.
    All we get with AMD are false promises and lies about hardware and over 3 months for a driver (that is in beta).

GTA V is one of the biggest releases for a while, if AMD aren't on the ball then they never will be.

This is how I see it anyway. You might look at it differently and that's fine.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    FarCry 3 was a Gaming Evolved title, and it still run like **** everywhere, much like FarCry 4. There is a limit to where you can take the FarCry 1 engine with low paid eastern european developers.

How on earth does that make any sense? What point is there in releasing a driver that doesn't change anything?

Lies about which driver exactly? Which hardware? What are you talking about?

Before anyone jumps the gun and take me as an AMD apologist, just answer me two questions:

I have been pointing since the beginning of the thread that AMD drivers have had a GTAV profile since 2013, and nobody even acknowledges it in this thread. Also Rockstar recommends a 7870 for 4k for ****'s sake, does that sound like they have an AMD problem?

So, if Crossfire works (hypothetically) just fine out of the box, are you gonna whine because you have no "new" driver?

My gut tells me that GTA V will work fine (hence the almost two year old profile getting updated since then), and I am truly worried about The Witcher, and nothing else at this point.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Let's not talk about Far Cry anymore. It runs like ****.

Did you read what I said? People want new drivers that give us updated features and performance improvements? Where did I say people want incremented version numbers?

VSR.

System requirements for a game really means nothing to me. Optimizations aren't based on system requirements. What are they based on anyway? Average FPS over a certain time, or part of the game? It's all so generalized I have no idea. All I see in forums is "Can I play this: Lists system specifications". What you class as "optimized" might not be for someone else. All we can do is wait til it comes out and let us do our own tests.
    To me, optimized is NOT 100ms frame time spikes. It is a solid FPS with a solid frame time.

14. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
  15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

16. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    If AMD doesn't release one I'm guessing the game is already well optimized for AMD cards.

Let's be optimistic. :)

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If the last AMD driver (15.3) mentioned anything about GTA V I would be impressed but it doesn't.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    DSR was the last feature that NVIDIA has introduced with the driver. No other extra features have come since then, only SLI profiles.

System requirements are derived from optimizations. Most ****ty latest titles will have the GTX680 being the equivalent of the R9 290. GTA V does not do that. That makes me optimistic both for the state of the game, and the state of the driver.

This is a very good chance, since (wait for it):

Oh wait:
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/ati-catalyst-profiles/

CTRL+F GTA

IT HAS BEEN THERE SINCE 2013.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It is the only game I have seen having a profile for so long in the driver. They also seem to be actively working on it, because you will notice that they adapt to the new .exe names by Rockstar, as time goes by. NVIDIA also tells you that you need their own special $100 hardware to have an adaptive framerate monitor, and they also actively block open source drivers. Until we see a benchmark comparing their new driver with the AMD drivers, hold your horses. Especially for this title.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015