Giveaway: Grand Theft Auto V on EPIC Game Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The rumor was true, GTA-V is in a giveaway at the Epic Game Store, Epic Games Store offers free games every week, and while normally renewing the weekly game announces what will be next week's gift, this week thus GTA-V.

Read more

2. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh great another influx of noobs asking for money drops lol.

4. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Im still waiting that Chinese owners will do some ugly things, but so far Epic store is nice.

I will not migrate from Steam as major platform, but its much better than Ubiplay and Origin.

5. h9dlb

h9dlb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070
    Why can we not get it free on steam too? I don't want lots of different game clients open hogging my resources, its getting a bit too much now with steam, origin, battlenet, epic, uplay etc etc

6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I mean, firstly just use GOG galaxy you can have all your games on there. Secondly why would you have them all open at once? No matter the program that would use resources

Angantyr likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This is the sort of topic I expect to see on April 1. GTA5 is a massive hit with strong sales even in 2020. I dont expect businesses to throw money away, and essentially thats what EPIC would be doing here.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I really hope it's not gta5, I know I shouldn't moan about a free game but everyone by now should own this. Last I checked it was one of the biggest selling games of all time, and is on discount almost every month.

9. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    how about this this novel crazy out there idea - quit the ones you're not using actively and stop them from auto starting with windows.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  10. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    maybe not all at once, but the most used. I thought of starting them with windows mainly because of game updates. It happened way to often that i want to start some online shooting and looting with the bois only to be stopped by some huge updates and slow servers.
    I also partially switched to GOG galaxy.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
  12. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well id say just open the one you are using. And then make sure they aren't auto starting that should solve your issue.

If you're on Windows 10 go on task manager you can change the start up on programs there.

But I've swapped to gog as my main drive, not looked back it has everything on their minus battle net which games can be added manually anyway so minor issue

13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's the 10th anniversary week of ALAN WAKE and Remedy are in a festive mood today with at 11AM EDT a Twitch stream event, so maybe they're also doing something Remedy...Control, Quantum Break or everything Remedy bar Control (like they did with six Batman games)...we'll see soon enough at 1700 CEST today. (or closing the Remedy anniversary week so next week)

Well after looking a bit further on their Twitter feed, at least there's a Alan Wake 90% discount thing on GOG/EGS/Steam for starters...alrighty then...

GTA V is still a 2013 game...and R* made $6 BILLION on it...

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  14. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    The only launcher that GTA V needs is the R* launcher. Nuff said. Wish i could remove my copy of Steam and get it on R* for free.

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Bunker sales worth triple money and rp this week, that'll bring in a lot of new players.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    No amount of free games will convince me using other platforms. Don't get me wrong, having just steam would be bad, but this is getting ridiculous.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just put a shortcut on your desktop and don't launch the launcher at startup.

I really don't see the damn problem people have these days.

That said the Epic Store only uses 9 MB Memory while Steam uses 240 MB and has 8 processes running.

18. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Just clarify..

Gog Galaxy one client for all, its probably done, just because of data mining, to look which games people have..

Would Epic store version still use that Rockstar Social Worker club launcher abomination?

19. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Epic has tons of Chinese money to launder. Free games for tax write offs.

20. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    The timing is so great, tomorrow we'll be dropping a trailer on a graphics mod for the game called NaturalVision Evolved.

MaCk0y likes this.