GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 397.55 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, May 3, 2018.

1. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Can I still install Quadro drivers for Geforce cards? Could you tell me how, buddy?

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Few days now on this HF driver and my Win 10 1803 has never felt so stable. Even my Firefox freeze bug has gone. I was getting one crash a day for some reason while using FF 59 but it's seemingly gone. Feeling confident to now Del Window.old. Removed it now so no going back to lower version of windows from 17134.1.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Download the Official 397.31 Quadro Win10 x64 Driver and extract contents
    Quadro Driver Download Page

Download the zip file and extract contents
    Quadro 397.31 INF Mod

Place the extracted Modded INF into Display.Driver folder of the extracted Quadro driver.
    Select to overwrite the file and you're done.
    Disable Driver Signature Enforcement to install.

AQUILES likes this.
  4. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Explicitly, clearly.

I forget the exact language, but upon first use, or after each OS update, DDU asks you expressly if you want to disable automatic driver installation.

Again, I question the claim that you have (correctly) used DDU?

https://s9.**********/beh0zg65b/driverstore.jpg

Notice there's only 1 set of drivers in my driver store, my current set.

Honestly, have you considered this may be more a user thing instead of a 10 has a mind of its own thing? If you use DDU correctly then you won't have a problem and in your case of "10 not liking drivers" it would revert to the current set in the store (and not ms basic). If you choose not to use DDU and have already set the group policy, then could it be that you're just forgetting to disable your nic?

5. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Im still using the vulkan driver that T-J recommended and it seem's perfect so far and by the looks of this thread i guess this ant a driver to update too right?

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  6. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Ive been on 1803 for a good turn and its been great , i havnt had any issues so far and im also on the nvidia vulkan driver which t-j recommended 397.40 and its been stable and gameplay is smooth i dont see any stutter or high dpc or any tdr's atm. Only thing i will say is that many on 1803 have noticed that if you go to windows insider and select skip ahead to next release again , it will download a cumulative update for 1803, which on reboot will get you stuck in a loop. So i wouldn't advise that bit . Apart from that its been great very smooth

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    -Tj- and tensai28 like this.
  7. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I was writing about general Windows 10 behavior, not any specific issue. But indeed I had such issue several months ago so I have rather huge negative experience with whole thing. I have managed to solve my problem but there was simply so much hassle that I am regretting spent time. DDU had nothing to do with it because as I said when there was nothing left in "Driver Store" it was rolled all the way down to "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead. It happened even when I tried to fool Windows 10 installer by manually copying my desired driver to "Driver Store" and re-registering it with PnPUtil or forging .inf files.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    DDU will prompt you to disable automatic driver installs. I always run it in safe mode with the internet disabled (as a precaution) after uninstalling the driver regularly. Never had any problems and I've been on windows 10 for years (currently on 1803).

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Fumz I always use DDU & I'm using RAPR for quite sometimes already.

[​IMG]

Fumz likes this.
  10. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    anyone have crash in gta online randomly after windows 10 1803 with this driver ? never happened before with 1709 and the previous drivers

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    [​IMG]
    That is interesting app, so you remove old drivers?
    Looked on my system and it seems to have problem with seeing old and current Network driver.
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/LayQNpV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am using the latest version 9.10

No biggy, there not taking a lot of space.

14. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Yes, and I already wrote that if Windows 10 doesn't like your drivers then it will still keep installing what it wants. And if you physically remove all installers then it will install "Microsoft Basic Driver" instead.

I wonder if currently hotfixed error of latest driver (397.55) when it unloads itself is actually related.

15. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    You can just visit folder or type "pnputil /enum-drivers".

16. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thank you buddy.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  17. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    I've got a complete system freeze with this driver in GTA, just after a few minutes in the game. I had to do hard reset. Not sure if related. No BSOD so don't know what was the root cause, could be driver or Win 10 1803 itself, or maybe something else. Trying newer WHQL and so far no problem.

norton likes this.