GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    well guys i tried batman DX11 with this drivers...

inside buildings game is smooth but you go outside and stutter heaven begins...so im back to DX9

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Wouldn't that come from driver optimisations if you're running the game already at its capped 60 fps, i.e. that it only takes 97/98% of the GPU's power to hit 60 fps with v290.36 compared with 99% before with the previous drivers?

But even if it's not, that 1-2% difference is within the margin of error anyway so I really wouldn't worry about it.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I don't even see Skyrim profile anymore, something must've gone wrong with my installtion...

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry to go off topic but I wonder what causes those DX11 stutters? I thought it was tessellation but the game still hitches and jerks under DX11 when tessellation is turned off. It's almost like the engine is running out of video memory, which usually causes this kind of stuttering, but I've never seen the game use more than 1.2 GB of my card's 1.5 GB. I love to know what causes it though.

5. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Well batman devs said to play in dx9 until they fix the dx11 mess with a patch, so it's not a drivers issue.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nice just in time for the SKYRIM patch that should be out in a few days. They have already patched the insanely unplayable PS3 version that had the save file bug causing massive stuttering. I am being serious, played it at my friends house and it was literally unplayable!! He played it round mine on PC and he didn't leave mine til 4am!!! LOL he said it was like playing a different game! :p

7. johnyG

johnyG Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI

Here is your problem:

8. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    This is what I did with almost any game the last 3 years and worked, either for SLI profiles or other graphics settings. Is the way of control panel handles the profiles changed in 290.xx?

EDIT: Ok I have unticked the Show only programs found on this computer and in the drop down menu there was the Skyrim profile. Although it make no sense cause I've always added the profiles missing from the add button and pointing to the game .exe I'll try to see if this works.

And johnyG you obviously still fail to understand what are we saying. Maybe it's because english it is not my native language, but anyway thanks for pointing the problem lol.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    Propably just doesn't work properly or something went wrong with the install or download and it got corrupted. Went back to 285.38 and profile handling is back to normal. It just didn't recognize any of the games I have installed on my pc and adding them to application profiles just created blank profiles and left premade profiles greyed out on the list. Haven't had this problem with any of the drivers from 260 branch to 285.

10. johnyG

johnyG Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    All the game profiles(SLI parts included) are bundled within the driver installation,
    with all the settings and bits recommended by Nvidia already set.

But if you want to make yourself life harder and add .exe and the game for the 2nd time within profiles, be my guest... it can be done

PS

this should be your best gaming friend if you own nvidia card

11. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    What Im trying to say is that when a game is not recognized by the application profile manager. I can then point out where the game is installed and then it shows up in the profile manager as installed and it doesn't add duplicate profile for the game. This takes the unavailable profile off from the "show only programs found on this computer - unticked" list and makes it available to "show only programs found on this computer - ticked" list. In 285.36 profile manager this work just fine and no duplicates are added. Checked with nvidia inspector to make sure.

EDIT: Application profiles work properly, regardless they are shown installed or not in application manager. Still, I can't add them to show as installed as I could before. :)

12. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes its true but im impressed as inside buildings on DX11 is as smooth as DX9 so---before was stutter everywhere

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Same thing happens to me, just delete the battlefield 3 profile with nvidia inspector and open a new text document and add these line and save it as Battlefield 3.nip make sure its not saved as Battlefield 3.nip.txt, and import it with nvidia inspector, change c:/program files (x86)/ to c:/program files/ if your using a 32bit OS.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <ArrayOfProfile>
    <Profile>
    <ProfileName>Battlefield 3</ProfileName>
    <Executeables>
    <string>c:/program files (x86)/origin games/battlefield 3/bf3.exe</string>
    </Executeables>
    <Settings>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingID>10512710</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>134289141</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingID>271830722</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>2</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingID>271834323</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>4</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    <ProfileSetting>
    <SettingID>283958146</SettingID>
    <SettingValue>1</SettingValue>
    </ProfileSetting>
    </Settings>
    </Profile>
    </ArrayOfProfile>

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    guys

stupid question what is the DLC for ? i dld it but u can play with those characters ? i mean the old batman versions

15. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I was able to try these for a round in Metro Conquest 64 players on Battlefield 3.

Using the Ultra preset (Including MSAAx4, AA Post aka FXAA HIGH, HBAO, Motion Blur) the game felt a lot smoother with Hyperthreading enabled than what 285.62 WHQL did to me.

So far this are good for me, I still need to try more rounds and different maps, specially heavy tank fights in Seine Crossing, that's where I get the lowest fps since the patch came out which ruined my performance quite a lot. :p

I'll also try Skyrim later, and report back here. :)

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Any performance improvements to Serious Sam 3 with these? Pretty happy with the old beta's, don't see much reason to go to these unless SS3 has some boosts.

17. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Thanks for sharing, I feel so much better now.

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    not for me, the game ran noticably worse. 285.79 beta's are better for myself.

19. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yea seems possible, not bothered by it, just thought it was odd. Thought setting maximum performance in the control panel was 99% every game all the time, but obviously not necessarily.
    This was in Skyrim and Left 4 dead 2, BF3 was 99/99%.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Apart from no performance boost in Skyrim it seems this driver did fix the CTD for me.