Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    This is not fixed yet. If you can point to a thread where there are several more users complaining about this, I can try to raise the priority on the bug.

2. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I also have Remnant from the ashes, but the frametime issue of that game seems related to it's engine. Haven't tried it at Fullscreen with this driver but I will. So far, that game works better at Borderless Windowed, the frametime seems ok like that. Most games have good frametime at Borderless because you are using the Windows triple buffer filter so in these care, you are letting Windows "take care" of the game.

Strange that MSI didn't give you any problem with the driver, but in my case it gave me brutal stuttering. I will try MSI later on with other games to see if they change, could be that some games just don't work well with MSI.

EDIT: Tried the game at Fullscreen and the game refuses to be smooth, the best way to play it is in Borderless Window, otherwise at Fullscreen the game micro stutters a lot due to the terrible frame pacing. Even with RTSS the frametimes are very unstable. In this case, the issues is with the game, not drivers.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    A bit more stable on fortnite. The rest i didnt sow any changes. On my leptop with the gt mx 110 2gb ddr5. I dont know about that new low latancy mode so i did not mess with that yet.

disq and Smough like this.
  4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    There was a change of plans hence the BETA title.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    So I tried integer scaling with FTL and it's amazing. Then, I tried it with Anno 1503 and the game just plays in a little box (presumably the original resolution).

How do I get Anno 1503 to use integer scaling and fill up my screen at the same time?

6. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    To all Nvidia Staff: Thank You So Much For This!!!
    The Ultra low latency setting is just amazing!
    I see that not many did understand the reason, but in a community where the most looks at numbers rather than gameplay i'm not surprised. (if u need absurd numbers to enjoy Doom3...well...meh...you are not playing anymore)
    Perfect frametimes without any limiter on. Super responsive input even when the loss of fps is caused by i/o operation.
    The definitive driver for those that, like me, have to use v-sync to avoid tearing.
    Destiny 2 is another playing (perma-headshoot mode on :p ), switched to dx11 on The Division 2 (which now performs and looks better than dx12).
    I also observed really low temps too, even if the new latency setting automatically switches to max performance once in-game (expected due the new way the driver works).
    Mid/Low end models are going to gain a lot of value from the Ultra low latency IMO.
    If Manuel is in the mood to reply i only have one question:
    can we expect the new latency setting to work in dx12 too in the future? so far it only works on dx11 but i'm on Pascal. Maybe Turing can benefit of it in dx12 too.
    Thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hence what i've been trying to say to Tj XD

subbranches within branches.

Btw Manuel, not sure if this is something you can work with Microsoft on, but the YCbCr 420 and 422 settings cause DWM.exe use high amounts of GPU util when moving the mouse or windows, we're talking from a maybe 1% value to up to 15%

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-driver-flaw-ycbcr-causes-elevated-gpu-usage/

HDR benchmarks have demonstrated this to apply a performance penalty unless you can set 4:4:4 or RGB.

The MSI setting doesn't have any impact on borderless or fullscreen, whats more likely is something is pegging a cpu core high for some reason, desktop set to 420 or 422 at all?

8. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    I have tried Wolfenstein Youngblood, and when activating the low latency mode in Ultra I have a loss of 20-30Fps.
    I was also curious to try it with the MPC-HC player and seeing the Avengers Infinite Wars seems that the image was softer with the quick camera movements. Has anyone else tried this?

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you are enjoying the new feature. DX12 games handle their own frame pacing so we can not apply this setting to DX12 games.

0LBaID, fantaskarsef, Smough and 2 others like this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nope.. I know very well how branches work. Main vs sub for a long time now..

You trolled there never will be one for 19h1, bla bla.. stop trying to turn things around. And please stop being this anoying smartass, sometimes too much.. Thanks.

\\end.

fry178 and Smough like this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I always smirk reading (in forums) assumptions about branches.

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    These drivers are working really well for me. Perfectly fine.

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Tried these drivers out on Rage 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands using Ultra Latency and was actually pretty impressed. Rage 2 I am usually at 100+ FPS and Wildlands sits usually around 60-80FPS. Both games saw clear benefit from Ultra Latency as far as perceived smoothness and how the game feels. I was worried that for games like Wildlands being a bit more FPS limited that it wouldn't work as well, but even at 60 FPS the perceived difference in latency (for me at least) was worth it. I'm just really sensitive to latency I suppose, but so far these are definitely keepers. Will test around some more. I'm not interested in specific FPS counts as much as game fluidity, so I generally don't care if I lose 1 or 2 FPS if the game feels better overall.

AsiJu and -Tj- like this.
  14. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

What isn't clear to me is if that is the case on the Volta / Titan V, then why did you take the card out of the quadro professional series drivers and put it in to the gaming card driver set?

Astyanax likes this.
  15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No issues with MSI mode on these.

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    @ManuelG -- how long before the new low latency feature can be used with SLI? :)

Also please pass on thanks to the driver team for the continual SLI profile updates with each driver. There's a good list in this that covered more than a few games I play.

SLI still sells cards. I've been SLIng since 3dfx and the Voodoo2 :)

Blaire likes this.
  17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    These drivers are working pretty well on my 1080Ti. I tried this low latency mode and it indeed provides a smoother experience. I will keep them definitely.

Smough and -Tj- like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Good to know as I'm playing RAGE 2 atm. Also Ion Fury. Also any game where you pop heads :D

EDIT: you sure it works with RAGE 2 though? Release notes state the following:

Added Beta support for Ultra-Low Latency Mode New control in the NVIDIA Control Panel->3D->Manage 3D Settings page.

Offers improved latency for DirectX games. Currently not supported under SLI mode, DirectX 12, or on Microsoft Hybrid notebooks.

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Hmm, it's possible that it was just placebo or the FPS improvements from the driver itself. What does Rage 2 use anyways, Vulkan or DX12?

Either way, it was pretty smooth and mouse movements were extremely responsive. I'll have to keep messing with it though.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Vulkan. But, ManuelG stated that DX12 implementation is not possible due to not being able to alter frame pacing from driver level.

So, in theory the setting could be partially in effect with Vulkan / OGL maybe?

I guess this means that the "deliver frame to be rendered just in time" cannot be done. Still, tweaks to prerendered frames and threaded optimization etc. may still work.

Kolt likes this.