Games that should be remastered.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Oblivion because playing the game with a lot of hires texturepacks and big mods(landscape, city, overhauls) make it unstable.

Keitosha likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    (PC) Terminator : Future Shock
    (PC) Motorhead
    (PC) Crusader : No Remorse
    (PC) BioShock (I know there is one but it's not a remake, it's just a port to Win10 and a shitty one
    (SNES) Equinox
    (SNES) Secret of Mana

3. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Monolith's Aliens vs Predator 2 is simply BEGGING for a remake...the Lithtech midi music at the time often did more harm than good, especially because Rebellion's '99 AvP game already had a glorious soundtrack on CD. So much lost potential in that game that could be fixed with today's tech.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Call me a big kid if you like but I'd love to see the following games remastered:

Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie - Yes, these got 1080p60 ports to Xbox 360 a few years back and play great but I'd love to have these games given a visual make-over too to bring them up to the level of Yooka-Laylee. Say what you want about that game but there's no denying it looked very pretty indeed. IMO, ahem.

Red Dead Redemption - Sure, the sequel is coming out on consoles (and hopefully PC) next year but how about a remaster of the original classic for the current consoles and PC? A missed opportunity by Rockstar.

There are lots of others two but those are just off the top of my head.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    All PC
    Eye of the Beholder
    Betrayal At Krondor
    Might and Magic IV and V (World of Xeen)
    Baldur's Gate
    Tie Fighter
    Dark Forces

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thief3
    Doom3
    Dirt1
    Cod waw
    X3

Hmm and few more, i cant remember atm..

All with fancy cgi gfx, not some half ass shizle like current remakes.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    None. Old games have something special in it which remaster will take away.

We are spoiled with graphics and corrupted with short cuts. Games are made to be played by everyone these days. You just effortlessly following the instructions.

Go play morrowind.

Keitosha likes this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    NOLF series.
    1, 2, and even Contract J.A.C.K.

And, I'm going to put it on here...
    Serious Sam 2

Croteam have already said they will remake it, but, it's very low priority on the list. So... until they get to it, it's gonna be a "I hope for it" type of thing.

9. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Interstate 76 with steering wheel support. And maybe Catacomb 3-D mite be kind of cool

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I was actually playing Catacomb 3D in a DOS box not too long ago. The reason was that I was playing Wolfenstein Old Blood (can't wait to play New Colossus) and the nightmare levels brought back memories of the old Wolfenstein 3D, which brought back memories of other games around that time, including Catacomb 3D.

I occasionally play old FPS games, updated with modern controls and graphics (e.g., Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen on the Doomsday Engine). I'd like a remastered Wolfenstein 3D and maybe Catacomb 3D, and perhaps Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood as well.

11. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    I don't feel old games need huge, new engine kind of remasters in general. Gimme a hefty resolution bump, high refresh rate & ultrawide support and throw in some nice HD texture rework to go with all that. I'd be more than happy.
    The only game I'd love to see getting a new engine remaster would be Crysis. Even though it still looks amazing, PC users did miss the CryEngine 3 port/remaster in 2011. It would have been interesting to see how it would've looked/performed on PC under CryEngine 3. Now image the game rebuilt under CryEngine 5.4, just O.O

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I know I'm in the minority but SS2 was my favorite of the series. I'm not interested if they change the artstyle. I think the cartoony look works well for this game and allowed for even crazier enemies which is kind of what this game is all about. But if they change it I know I'll still get it but darn it I won't be happy.

13. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Well don't lose hope yet. The dev team behind RPCS3 (PS3 emulator) is making progress fast and RDR has already been shown running on it, albeit quite buggy. Give it some time and I bet we'll be able to play it on PC. Just like MGS4, I can't wait for that :eek:

I believe it's planned to not be a remaster but instead a completely different game from the original SS2. I remember reading that instead of a remaster Croteam plans on "rebooting" SS2 with it's storyline connected to Encounters/BFE/SS4 story. Might be wrong though.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  14. mixalis9

mixalis9 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti
    need for speed underground 2. :D

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Agreed, the Underground games were excellent! It would be awesome to see them with more detailed textures and fancy lighting effects.

16. chix_AHOY

chix_AHOY Active Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4gb
    zone of the enders 1& 2

pc version PLS......

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Fallout 1 and Fallout 2

I'd love to see a Warcraft 1 and 2 remaster aswell but I know blizzard would hack it to pieces.

18. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I'd love Xenogears (PS1) to be remastered and for the 2nd half to be what they originally intended without the time and money constraints. No doubt it'd get butchered into something completely different though. <sigh>

19. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    Original Xenoblade Chronicals.

20. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Doom 3
    F.E.A.R (original)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

Using Unreal 4 engine with 4K textures, HDR, physX Flex, uncompressed audio, volumetric lighting and smoke.