FxaaInjectTool released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mineria, Dec 11, 2011.

1. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Sounds good. :)

The import/export feature is beyond awesome.

I have a few suggestions for the new way games are added.
    • The dialog box used for entering the game's name needs to interpret hitting return as clicking on the "OK" button.
    • The text in the game selector combobox should not be editable.
    • Maybe consider adding support for drag and drop as an alternative method of adding games.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks, forgot the add the enter key thing, so added it.
    Combobox editing is also disabled now.
    I did change a bit on my regex check as well, so now I can allow spaces to be used as well.
    This will be in the next build, but will wait with that until I got a few more features added.
    I got another major thing for this tool on the table, but that will come as a surprise :D

Btw. nice article you made about some of the injectors :)

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    SVN 79 up now with following changes:

• The dialog box used for entering the game's name interprets hitting return, this to avoid confusion, the text in the Game List is no longer editable. (Editing there does nothing anyway.)
    • Added tooltips to when the mouse is moved over the shader names
    • Partial DirectX 10 support, a few shaders needs to be fixet to work with Dx10
    • Added Tonemap blueshift to the GUI and database.
    • Also included alter query that will update a users existing database file with the new field.

4. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Wow, being able to modify the effect chain sounds awesome!

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You can try that out with the new build, I limited it to 5 shaders for now thou, Bloom, HDR, Tonemap, Technicolor and Sepia.
    I can add Vignette, Anaglyph and Splitscreen if people want it.

As for AA, sharpening and the limiter, I think they need to stay in their places, doubt that it would give any good results switching those around in the loop.

SVN 95 (forgot to upload a change in post.h with 94)

Effect Chain selection is ready for usage, remember to set them even for already added games and click the save button afterwards, else the game might crash, since I use the actual shader pass names in the gui and db.
    Updated Bloom to use BT709 alike calculation from MPCHC, I think the colors are presented more accurate with it.
    Updated the HDR shader, had some code in it that wasn't needed, and made it more like the changes seen in SweetFx
    Fixed game crash when AA is disabled with DirectX10 games.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  9. TheLionzHeart1

TheLionzHeart1 Member

GPU:
    Just wanted to say thanks again for the new filters you added to SVN100, I'm really loving the noise filter! Even though the noise is static, it is just the look I've been looking to add into my games for so long now. The only other way I've been able to add noise was a skyrim enb series config, but it was only compatible with skyrim.

Your FXAA Tool, is a godsend for all people that love to customize the look of their games! Keep up the great work man!

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks.
    Just uploaded 101 since I found 2 bugs in 100 while playing some games and adjusting a bit.

11. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Tested SVN 101. Everything works great. :thumbup:

12. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Work with window 8?
    I've crash witn fifa 13 and windows 8

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    right i think I got this working with world of tanks. am pretty sure before i ran fxtool fps monitoring worked with ab now it seems to be disabled, not a big issue as it seems there is a fps monitor in-game anyways which i hadnt noticed.

here's a screenie...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

have a few questions will world of tanks always run now with the tool or i need to have the tool running in the backgroung.

reason i ask this is it seems to have added some fxfolders to main world of tanks folder.

i re-ran the game without having opened the tool and looked the same...

u can see in this shot the fxfolders at the top.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

am i doing this right?

p.s world of tanks looks and runs great.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yes it works with Windows 8, my workstation is on Windows 8, so all gaming with it goes from there.
    Check the log file and your eventlog, must be something there that can point into the direction of those crashes.
    Do you know if the exe is 32 or 64 bit?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    FPS monitoring should work with fraps, did last time I tried that.

The FXAA_Tool.exe only has one purpose, to make the configuration easier, you don't need it to run while gaming, the FXAA d3d proxy does it's work on its own.
    If you inspect those folders you will notice that they aren't created, with exception of the settings folder, they are virtual links that point to the FXAA Tool foldera and files.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    right made the mistake of deleting those fx folders without having first removed from fxaa tool so world of tanks didnt load. stuck them back in and deleted the profile to get back to vanilla as it were.

gonna stick to running fxaa tool with world of tanks as it does improve things but it's a pretty marginal effect. i like it though. (maybe i can run more settings than two, just chosen the first 2 as standard).

tried it with briefly with borderlands 2. couldnt get it 2 work by just putting in the main folder but it did seem to work when i chose to add the "engine" folder directory.

game ran great but i think i prefer the pre fxaa look.

i'll do some more tinkering later on. will see what effect it has on ass creed 3.

re xfaa and fps monitoring with afterburner it for some reason stops the monitoring process, not thats its a big deal. also its an indication i think that the fxaa tool is kicking in.

(have tested this a few times and every time i run the worldoftanks profile i am left without ab fps monitoring but in-game fps counter which is fine).

thumbs up! :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  17. manup85

manup85 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom 680 gtx
    HI Guys,

Battlefield 3 is not working for me with this tools, just audio and video is black :/ someone report same issue?

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great tool,how time fly's.Has it been a year all ready you been working on this great tool.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Is BF3 running in DirectX9?
    Only issues with black screen I know of is when I use Dx10 mode in LOTRO (the only Dx10 game I got installed right now)and enable pre sharpen, bloom or the limiter.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You should use the tools gamelist for adding and removing games, since then your sure that A. everything is pointed correctly, B. everything is removed and C. your not going to overwrite any existing directx file for a game that has one, last one goes for only a very few games thou, but they do exist.

I'm going to include my WoT profile with the next version, I use some of the other effects there too.

Some games load their main engine via a bin and some even got their engine loader in a sub dir, I guess Borderlands 2 is one of those games.

Of topic.
    I noticed that MSAA has the same issue with text as FXAA when it comes to D3, it's most noticeable on the braces in the chat frame, but however, the text is sharper than with the vanilla settings.