Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    6800 rpm? what??? ive one fan that blows at 1500 but i can set it to 5100 and
    jewzus christ i feel like my eardrums r gonna get penetrated. I wonder what
    6800 sounds like. xD

2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It's loud lol. I decided to open up the computer and pop off the fan. I've had the machine since April of 2014 so almost 2.5 years. There wasn't much dust evident with the fan attached but when I popped it off, I discovered a ring of caked on dirt completely blocking the fins of the heatsink. My partner here also smokes so the dirt wasn't only loose dirt but reddish brown tar. I scraped it off but then also had to use a wet cloth to clean off some sticky residue. Then I used my hand vac to suck up anything still left. Now it runs significantly cooler. It was hitting 58-59C in World of Warcraft before and now it maxes at 53C and 4500 RPM with the same settings. (At idle temps it's 2600 rpm) Maybe I can turn down the fan curve a little now in SpeedFan. Before the cleaning, the temp was hitting 65 in Witcher 3 and now it maxes out at 58

3. G274life

G274life Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    Can't install the game due to system requirements

I was playing the beta last month on my system: win10, fx6300 4.5MHz OC, GTX970, 8GB RAM. Yesterday read somewhere that the game is out of beta and supports racing wheels. Launched the game and the wheel config was not showing my G27. Opened the game in Windows Store and mine was still the beta version. Uninstalled the game and when got back to the Store it was the new version but the FREE button was grayed out. I was not sure what was the problem until I read the message under Ratings and Reviews: "This app needs hardware your device doesn't have, hindering app performance. Rating and reviews is turned off."

Is it my processor? since the graphics card is good for most new games and I have 8gb of ram.

Has anyone successfully installed Forza Apex (NOT beta) on their PC with FX6300 CPU?

:bang::bang::bang:

4. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    If you scroll down the store page, it should show the min/required specs and display checkmarks or crosses on areas you meet or don't.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    https://youtu.be/85v6YSnDjZ4

Been watching the link above, Got serisou Rallysport Chalenge and Sega Rally vibes. The sort of gamepalty i haventfelt in a long time (OG xbox and ps2), when gmes wre rgaewmes. Im not for all tha win10 stuff, but if you are, i highly recommed this game, looks liek pure fun, the sortaq games that you tremeber instilling pure fun ifrom. Reinstalled Sega Rally revo and another sega game because of it. (Outraun)

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, once you notice the flat 2D sprite-like design of the trees then it is hard to ignore. It's a shame they didn't enhance these for the PC version as it's a "cheat" clearly intended for the graphically undernourished Xbox One. Hopefully Forza 7 will fix this and Forza Horizon 3 has much better looking foliage and trees from what I've seen of it since it was designed to run at 30 fps on Xbox One so the engine has twice as much time to render each frame resulting in much more detailed graphics than possible in the main Forza game.

7. G274life

G274life Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    I just figured it out.. My PC was not running the latest version of windows 10. Somehow the anniversary update wasn't installed, so I had to manually trigger the update. Just downloaded the game. So it wasn't a hardware problem, but entirely software... :banana:

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Refresh your store, then try to download again.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Does G-sync even work with UWP?

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I laughed at ratings and reviews being disabled due to unsupported hardware, does Steam enforce that?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    21:9 support still absent?

Had to redo my win 10 install, and updating to Win 10 new version ATM so I can install the beta.

Its still on my 512GB ssd, wonder if I have to re download it.

"Had to delete all previous installed apps and re download it.
    Thankfully I get 42mb/s with 300mb internet.

Happy as hell to see wheel support though. Hope I can use 2560x1080.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yes. They also now support turning off v-sync and allow tearing so it should work just fine.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    No 21:9 support.

If Horizion 3 does not support it, I wont buy it.

Cant even do stretch 1080p. Cant play with black bars on the side. Total pisser.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

If you have the G920 wheel with the very hard brake pedal, this game will not brake without having the ability to see into the future. Its close to impossible to maintain speed while being directly behind another vehicle because if you press the brake, it wont stop in time due to NO ABILITITY to set the brake pressure. You can set the sensitivity, but I am afraid you cannot change the range in pedal pressure to where the brake will be 100% depressed, which is something you can do on just about any racing game for the PC.

The sad thing is, they have delayed the demo of Forza Horizon 3 and told useres to download this game to have a good idea of what Horizon will play/ and feel like. Now I will have to wait for the delayed demo because although this game looks and plays wonderfully graphic-wise, as far as for actual racing with the wheel I give 4 out of 10 stars with the xbox/PC wheel, Logitech G920.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    How could you tell it was still Beta in the Store? Mine shows the full version and says it is installed. I checked my installation and it was automatically updated from the beta to the 2.5 full version. It still runs perfectly with my FX-6300. It gives minimum spec for the CPU as an i3 which the 6300 is certainly at least equal to.

Maybe instead of uninstalling, you should have just updated.

I don't have a wheel of any kind and my Xbox 360 controller is perfectly sufficient.

16. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Its worked since the May update iirc.
    As long as GSync is on in the global profile it will work in this game.

Per profile settings for this game dont appear to work, even though there is a Forza profile in drivers (linked to the folder name for Forza) I also gained ownership of my Windowsapps folder and then browsed to the actual Forzasmotorsport.exe with nVidia profile inspector and made a profile for that.....but it doesnt work either.

Oh and driver forced AF is much better in this game, again you have to enable it globally though !!

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow okay, so they are making progress with this whole UWP platform. I downloaded the demo yesterday, will be interesting to try it out this evening.

Watched the movies in the Store page and...holy cow, they're badly edited and somewhat corrupted - amateurs!

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Is anybody able to run this game/demo without stutters? No matter what I do, and it's a good sized list, I get maybe one race done before the game starts stuttering no matter what track/cars/GFX settings I use. I really want to enjoy this and Horizon 3, but I'm not willing to put down money until it runs well.

Let me know if anyone runs this game and what settings you are using to get a stutter free experience. I can list what I've tried once I get back tomorrow. Figured I would ask around before I head off to bed and then work.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been playing the Forza Motorsport 6 APEX since its beta release and across both the GTX 980 Ti and now GTX 1080. I've not experienced any stuttering during gameplay apart from during the introductory cutscenes (or if I have then I haven't noticed them). I play at maxed out Ultra 2560x1440 settings with only AA left at Dynamic (though the game annoyingly resets the graphics settings to 5K Ultra Dynamic settings every time it updates!).

By the way, this game will only ever be a free demo and will not see a full release on PC until Forza Motorsports 7 comes out this time next year. Of course, Forza Horizon 3 is out next week, the arcade spin-off from the series, and it does use the same engine albeit with enhancements due to being 30 fps on Xbox One rather than 60 fps like Motorsports. That does mean that Horizon will likely need a more powerful system to run maxed out at 60 fps than APEX does.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Forza Motorsport ..Forza Horizon

Whats the difference? Is FMS like GT/Pcars etc and Horizon the arcade equivalent of Sega racing games?