Enermax OSTROG LITE ATX Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Enermax introduces OSTROG LITE, the new compact mid-tower chassis for entry-level gaming rigs. Featuring the low-profile hairline surface front panel, OSTROG LITE is not only beautifully built, bu...

Enermax OSTROG LITE ATX Chassis

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    This case looks like Phanteks Evolv, price is OK too

Thanks, Jura

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll wait to see the price before I get too excited. It does look quite nice though and I think it would be a good replacement for my Raidmax Cobra if it can accommodate a 240MM rad at the top...

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Not sure, but normal price for Ostrog is around £50 and this version shouldn't cost beyond £100 mark, which still is not bad price,if you will look at Evolv ATX with tempered glass that cost $170

Radiator support on this case is unknown, on top you can fit 200mm whivh is not a lot,but at front you should fit 240mm rad

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    According to the Enermax product page, the case can fit 2x120 at the top and 2x120 in the front. So, it's just a matter of whether or not there's enough clearance for fans with a radiator installed. Either way, I'm considering buying this case once it's available. I very much like the look of it. My current Raidmax Cobra can accommodate 2x120 or 2x140 at the top, but can't fit a radiator and fans in that location so I'm limited to a 120 rad mounted at the rear.

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

You will see what price will be, but looks OK in my view,did you consider this one, tempered glass and spec is OK too, price is not bad too

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=410890

Regarding the radiator size if supports 2x120mm fans then should support 240mm rad at least

Hope ope this helps

Thanks, Jura

7. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Lol at naming a case after a monastery :)

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That case lacks 5.25" drive bays and I don't want tempered glass side panels.

Just because a case can fit 2x120 fans, doesn't mean it can fit a 240 rad. That's the problem I have with my Raidmax Cobra. It can fit 2x120 fans or 2x140 fans at the top, but there's not enough clearance between the top panel and motherboard to install a rad and fans.

I have a rad from a Glacer 240L AIO and a funtional Kuhler 620 AIO. I want to break down the Kuhler 620 AIO and replace it's 120 rad with the 240 rad from the Glacer 240L AIO...since the pump from the Glacer 240L AIO failed. I also have a dual bay res that I will add back later when I finally get a new D5 pump for it. The Glacer 240L rad doubles as a res itself.

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Yes I agree with the radiator statement,this has happen me too with few cases..

Regarding the tempered windows, I like them a lot and would love to have on my Enthoo Primo but there few issues

Those rads are not the best there, I would sell them as they're very restrictive and aluminium plus high FPI count which means you will need to run high pressure fans

But yes this case looks like is good one and should fit yours bill

Thanks, Jura

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The Glacer 240L rad is brass/copper.

Here's the rad that was used with the Glacer 240L
    http://www.swiftech.com/MCR-H220-RADIATOR.aspx

I am considering replacing it with an MCR220-QP though as the MCR220-QP is a thicker rad, which would make spacing at the top of the case even more important.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Looks pretty nice, which is rare for me to say about a full sized ATX case.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's not a full sized case, it's a mid-tower.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    HH, any idea when this case will actually be available anywhere?

Update:

If anyone else is looking for this case, another variant of it is available here: DIYPC D480-BK-Window
    Internally, they're identical. The exterior is slightly different though. I got tired of waiting and grabbed the DIYPC D480 instead.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016