Driver Problem/Please Help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aletrio, Aug 20, 2003.

1. aletrio

aletrio Guest

I have a Dell Dimension8200, P4 2.56Ghz,2GbRDRAM with a Leadtek WinFast A310 Ultra TD MyVIVO videocard (GeForceFX 5600 Ultra chipset,BIOS version 4.31.20.34.00, 128MB DDR). The PC has WinXp Pro SP1, all updates current and DirectX9.0b.
    I also have a Viewsonic VP230mb LCD flat panel connected via DVI (it also has analog input) with a 1600x1200 max resolution at 60Hz (I have the latest Viewsonic driver installed)
    I was using the NVIDIA Official Nvidia Detonator FX Driver v44.03 May14,2003 WHQL Certified and the screen was perfectly centered. When I upgraded to the latest driver (Nvidia Detonator FX driver v45.23 Aug13,2003 WHQL Certified) th screen on the monitor was not horizontally centered (slightly shifted to the left). I tried the following steps to try to solve the issue without success:
    (1) Try the buttons of the monitor to manually adjust the position of the screen, but in DVI mode it won't let me, it will display "Not implemented for digital Input"
    (2) Play around with the Nvidia driver software and see if there's an option to adjust the position of the screen but there's nothing.
    (3) Switch to analog, adjust the position via the monitor buttons and then revert to DVI, but no change. (by the way, in Analog mode the screen IS centered).
    (4) I also tried changing the Nvidia drivers with all possible versions (both official and beta) released between v44.03 and the latest one (v45.23) but none of them work, they all produce a horizontally off-center screen.
    So the conclusion is so far that with v44.03 of the Detonator driver the screen is centered. Yet I would like to be able to use the latest Nvidia driver (v45.23) as it solves various other issues in games specially.
    Anyone can help me with this?
    THANKS!!!!!

2. NIB

NIB Master Guru

I am pretty sure there are options to center your screen through nvidia's driver menu. Right click on desktop-->Properties--->Display--->Advanced--->Nvidia(or something like that). There you can find an option that enables you to fix your monitor.

I dont know what is the cause of your problem though and neither if you can fix it through that menu, but i do know that the menu exists :D

3. aletrio

aletrio Guest

Yes, as a matter of fact there is an option in the Detonator driver software (Right click on desktop-->Properties--->Display--->Advanced--->Settings) to adjust screen porperties (I forgot to mention that in my original post). But I tried every single option included there (Use Display Adapter Scaling/Use Centered Output, etc) and they do not alter the screen at all.
    Thanks anyways!

4. NeKraNomaKoN

NeKraNomaKoN New Member

GPU:
    Winfast A310 Geforce FX 5600 256mb
    my advice to you would be to scrap that pile of junk of a moniter and go for a CRT which does both digital and analog much higher resolutions and refresh rates much lower dot pitch and overall better performance and sharper views than the tft ****e thats floating around nowadays if uve got a leadtek winfast a310 ultra td you shouldnt be looking at it on a tft anyway they suck get a real gamers moniter a CRT that way u wont get that digital input error crap and ur eyes wont strain from the 60hz refresh

5. PhilliKon

PhilliKon Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX O.C + BFG PhysX 128
    Hi

Try changing the refresh rate to the highest your VDU will take.
    then adjust the screen from the Forceware driver center screen option.

6. NIB

NIB Master Guru

Last post on this thread was made
    Then
    came and bumped this zombie thread up
    Like the guy that made this thread 5 months ago still has this problem or still looking this forum of he is even alive. Dont you ppl have anything better to do with your lives that bumping 5 month old posts and suggesting advice? Sad indeed.