Download MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 14

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Official website is always slow from that point of view.

2. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Apologies if I missed this in the notes:

Bug: Video Ram usage is not updating after a certain point in this version. The previous version I used was 4.3b4. I reverted back to that and it's working fine again. I checked this in the Afterburner display as well as in Rainmeter monitoring the Video Ram usage via Afterburner/Riva.

This does not appear to be a Riva problem as I left the version installed with 4.3b14 when I reverted to 4.3b4 and everything is working fine.

Great software. Great work!

3. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that, sorry. The implementation doesn't depend on AB version.

4. Groot

Groot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Nice work.

Curious why voltage points below 0.8V and above 1.2V not shown?

Also any plans to incorporate the video clock as well as GPU and Memory clocks?

Thanks.

5. d0mini

d0mini Guest

GPU:
    980 ti
    AB beta 14 causing freezing in Fallout 4

Hey, I posted this on OCN, putting it here too for good measure:

I have been getting consistent freeze crashes in Fallout 4 with this beta of Afterburner, it is limiting FPS to 60 and hooks into the game to display the OSD.

When I have it on/OSD enabled, the game freezes after very little time (<10 minutes). With it off, no freezes.

I want to test this more to see if it is specifically the OSD that is making it crash (most likely). It is fine with the previous beta/ earlier versions.

Has anyone else had an issue similar to this yet?

6. Unwinder

There are no differences in DX9/10/11/OGL OSD renderers between the versions, sorry.

7. d0mini

d0mini Guest

GPU:
    980 ti
    Thanks for replying. It appears to be very reproducible for me, with OSD in-game it crashes after a few minutes, with Afterburner off it runs fine for hours. Just tried it again now. Apologies if this is just some weird coincidence, I just want to share my testing.

8. d0mini

d0mini Guest

GPU:
    980 ti
    Just as an update to my possibly unique issue: the freeze happens even when the OSD is disabled in rivatuner and when fallout4.exe is not listed in the application profiles.

So despite there being (as far as I know) no hooks into the game, AB is still causing the game to freeze. It just doesn't happen with AB off.

One of the freezes still allowed me to shoot/move, it was just the screen that was frozen, not a game crash. Not sure if the same can be said for every freeze-instance.

9. Unwinder

You do NOT prevent application from being hooked by disabling OSD visibility and futhermore by remving application profile for it. The only proper way of disabling hooks for an application is the profile with detection level set to "none".
    Anyway, I'll repeat once again that there are no OSD changes for DX11 renderer used by Fallout 4 between the versions. Even ignorng that I spend a few hours tonight on reinstalling FO4 and testing it with both AND and NVIDIA cards sith no problems on both sides. If you beleive that AB is a root of problem on your system, simply don't use it. I cannot help you with that.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For Fallout 4 it could also be caused by conflicts between various third party utilities also hooking into the game, I didn't see it mentioned in the initial post about the issue though so the user might not be running any of it but there's ENB, Fallout 4 script extender, ReShade, Steam's overlay itself and possibly more. (SpecialK or Fallout4Works recently for example though I do not think they are used that frequently unlike say ENB or ReShade or even the script extender.)

I do have both ENB and the script extender myself though running via ReShade for additional shader stuff with Afterburner for OSD monitoring (Steam overlay is disabled because I do not need it, big picture mode is also off so that overlay should be fully pacified.) and so far it's been completely stable even though if I were to peek into whatever is going on with the code it's probably pretty chaotic, kinda impressed with Bethesda on how stable the game has been so far even if it's not exactly bug free as such. :D

11. playerlin

playerlin Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
    I don't have freeze problems with Fallout 4, but for some reasons, the Steam overlay failed to start with the game when AB/RTSS has been running. I have to close AB/RTSS first, and start Fallout 4 then start AB/RTSS manually.

After that then I can use Steam Overlay. It should happens after I decided to update to Beta 14.

(Was using beta 4 and no such problems about Steam Overlay. I did use F4SE, but even I just start Fallout 4 without F4SE, the Steam Overlay still not loading until I shut down AB/RTSS.)

12. Unwinder

Try to use search in AB forum sections please or at least read the thread you are posting to. It is documented in multiple places including RTSS 6.5.0 release notes.

13. playerlin

playerlin Guest

GPU:
    Okay, I found the posts about RTSS's delay injection and added GameOverlayRenderer64.dll on InjectionDelayTriggers, now it seems works as usual. Thanks you remind it, and I feel silly because I think it was all working fine on old versions until beta 14, and didn't read the release notes carefully. :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  14. Unwinder

Np, glad that you've found the solution. It was working fine in older version because there was a workaround for STEAM's own overlay exclusivity limitation, the following post explains why it is no longer enabled by default.

15. d0mini

d0mini Guest

GPU:
    980 ti
    Thank you, unwinder, for looking into this issue I am having - however unique it appears to be.

I reinstalled AB 4.2.0 and have been using it in fallout 4 for an uncomfortably large proportion of today, no freezes. I didn't try the previous 4.3.0 beta, even though that did not freeze the game either.

I think the idea of other programs hooking in causing this issue is the most likely one. From what I know of, F4SE, AB, HWINFO (through RTSS), Steam Overlay and GeForce Experience are all in some form hooking into the game as well. That's quite a few applications. If I do any more testing with 4.3.0, I will try closing each of these applications in turn. For now though, I will just stay with 4.2.0.

I'm sorry for causing you annoyance as I'm sure I am. It would be annoying me too if one person kept repeating they have an issue you see no reason for happening/can't reproduce. Aside from this, thank you for everything you do for the PC community, I love your application and have been using it for years.

16. playerlin

playerlin Guest

GPU:
    Oh, read that post, understand the reasons, but I think hope Valve guys do that really give them too much credit in my own opinion, since they tend fix **** very slowly if that **** isn't so important for them, even a lot of requests want them do...:p
    (Like the build-in Chromium-based browser for the in-game overlay, it's now outdated for a while and Valve still not update it yet, and still not able change the font size/scales on it without changing skins after years of requests from a lot of users.)

Sorry I can't resist write those complaints about Valve...but whatever, at least manual doing the delay injection still working, and thanks you provided that link of post for explains. :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  17. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I have reinstalled many times Windows 10 and Windows 7,

Multi GPU Crossfire not recommended. Battlefield 4 will crash every game or every other game with DX errors. Seems to work if I remove 1 of the gpus. runs longer if I use mantel and not dx11.

seems to hold clocks, manual fans, disable ULPS does not work it will only disable for GPU1 have to go into registry to set ULPS to off for both cards then reboot.

Yes I did read it, I know crossfire and sli does not seem to work stable yet.

even when using it to only control just the fans... it would crash, have not had a single issue since I uninstalled.

18. Unwinder

No, you did't read anything and no, there is no any "CF and SLI doesn't seem to work stable yet". The only currently existing SLI/CF related limitation is unsupported OSD in DX12 aplications using explicit multi-GPU rendering mode, and in this case there won't be any instability, such applications simply won't launch at all while RTSS is active.
    So in addition to uninstalling AB just leave this thread please, I'd like to avoid seeing search haters with "I know more IT than you" attitude and personal attacks oriented postings.

19. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    wow you are the most butt hurt salty software programmer I have ever heard or seen on a forum. I am done helping and supporting your software you are rude. Due to you I will not support Guru3d or MSI afterburner, besides MSi afterburner sucks and crashes all the time, blue screens, artifacts, tearing, lagging, stuttering, you name it this program pretty much has the bug I would recommend not installing this or ever using it.... whoever wrote it must be from russia

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  20. Unwinder

At least now I know what does it mean to be polite. Thanks for demostrating this skill and educating barbarian Russian.
    [sarcasm mode off]