Dirt rally 2.0

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Dec 19, 2018.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's a new game, and I'm only seeing 45 FPS on ~3 year old hardware, not really surprising.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It s a new game with same old graphics....doesn t make any sense the unoptimized shite

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @ramthegamer

Sorry, but it looks improved to me, I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference from DR 1.0 but an improvement nonetheless.

I would also add that If you are buying this game solely for aesthetics, you are buying it for the wrong reasons.

RzrTrek likes this.
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Put shadows to high or medium instead of ultra, same for Ambient occlusion - high and maybe reflections to high.

I can play 1080p @ 4xmsaa, rest at ultra np, except shadows to high.

So far I noticed ultra vs high makes less detailed or more hard shadows and foliage doesn't cast shadows..
    left ultra, right high shadows and 20-25 fps difference.
    https://i.**********/1g59CLvB/dirtrally2-2019-02-24-22-55-41-607.jpg https://i.**********/CR4h4Fsd/dirtrally2-2019-02-24-22-56-21-519.jpg

I've disabled TAA too blurry, no TAA is just too sharp, had to force driver FXAA to make it a little softer.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Try playing with your graphics settings and disable everything you can live without and/or ambient occlusion altogether to get a much deserved boost.

Anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion and motion blur are among the first things I turn off in all of my games (which looks better in my opinion), but I didn't realize that "ground cover" would hit your fps that hard.

https://www.game-debate.com/news/26...breakdown-and-most-important-graphics-options

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im playing custom high , lowered ground cover, and shadows,Game runs better when i deleted the desktop icon and ran through original exe inside the game folder and set game to administrator, now drops into the 60 fps inside bushes but i still feel it because my monitor is 144hrz, i never had those drops in dirt rally, ever.... which means optimization issues with this game...

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Are you telling me that the game can run without Steam (must be a first for Codemasters) or have you been naughty?

BangTail likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Jimmy clearly stated he received the game from Codemasters but it wasn't a sponsored video and he was putting forward his own opinion. He's done a few videos on the game. He's an honest guy. Not saying everything he says will sit with everyone, but everything he says he means. Apart from when he's joking, of course.

I'll be waiting for this to have VR support before I buy, no way am I playing a race sim without VR.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If that's the case then I couldn't care less about his opinion.

People who don't pay for things really shouldn't be complaining about them.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it is running through steam, but i have the icon exe to be as administrator, as i said, i have had an improvement as of now, the drops are into 60 fps, before it was into the 45

12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Would be nice if they added SLi support

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can you guys give me a feedback on the gameplay ? Better or worse than DiRT Rally or DiRT 3 ? thanks.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Car handling is the same. If you don't mind that semi arcadeish handling and car flipping then it's ok.

But I wanted to ask something else, anyone else notice distant pixelated foliage tree bushes? Looks so weak, I raised lod via Cfg but I'm still seeing it..

Could be driver issue too? I haven't tried with new quadro419.67 yet..

chispy likes this.
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i think dirt rally 1 is the better game, and performs better aswell, for some reason codemasters are having their hands up their arses lately when it comes to game optimization, drops a lot of fps when there is more trees....

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I like the game more now that i got it on ps4 which has a more stable fps, guys, by the way, i just mentioned something on facebook about codemasters being a good racing game dev, and people just said no they are not, do people just wanna bash game devs for no reason, i know i said that game is no optimized but man codemasters have great f1 games since 2017,f1 2019 has had great reviews

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Enjoying the game a lot now on ps4, i love the new track additions to the game, anyone playing this online?

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Shame on you codemasters, u wanna let us buy new tracks? 4 usd for each new location, shame on u

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    now i got 3 dirt games in my libray and yea getting silly.

ok gave it look see to see wth the 2.0 is about.

its a rip off.

they took the first game ripped parts of out to sell as dlc.

there are 2 season passes and i think extra cars and stuff on top. to the tun of almost 200 to buy all the dlc.

but you chuck out 80 and get the season passes and some of it.

far as the physics go going by the reviews on steam the physics are solid the racing is fun, and the game itself it good and if your rolling in $$$ knock yourself out.

otherwise just grab the dirt rally game its feature and game complete for a fraction and its on par physics wise being the same company same series and all. cm tend to make simcade and thats sort of what i would expect here as well though i have not played this i have played other CM f1 titles and they sure are not sims but they are fun.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I think im gonna buy dirt rally 1 , this one is pay to get content so no friggin way and yes ur right has almost same driving

cerebus23 likes this.