Destiny 2 Day One Issues Published

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Weird to see an announcement of stuff that's not working prior to release, but ah well. Bungie has listed all the day-1 issues that will affect Destiny 2 PC when it launches on October 24th....

Destiny 2 Day One Issues Published

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Quality content feature list...

[​IMG]

AsiJu, LocoDiceGR and lucidus like this.
  3. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    PC gamming is trully evoling. Not only we have to tolerate bad console ports not optimized for PCs, but now we have Day One Known Issues Lists instead of Day One Patches fixing those issues.

Sad times for PC gaming.

Good news is that Destiny 2 is garbage game I'm not interested in. :)

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    saxophone, buffalo, weasel, butterfly!!

props for error codes naming scheme :)

5. Atombender

Atombender Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 6800 XT
    Well, it's better to know what issues will be resolved instead of wondering if there is something wrong with your computer, and you search the internet if there are other people with the same problems. I have stopped playing games that are just released, now I wait 2-3 months. By that time the most important bugs are fixed which saves me a lot of annoyance.

6. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    So basically they launch a broken unfinished game... I still can't understand why people don't vote with their wallets and not buy a game on day one knowing there will be a platora of problems as seen over and over from all these big gaming companies.

7. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    I dont see any big problem with list.
    For many current games you need to restart game to log in back to resolve problem.
    SLI/HDR/W10 related issues again nothing new especially after Fall update.
    And last point about not being able play on corporate/university networks is related to battle net limitations related to shared public IPs.

The thing that they even released potential issue list prior to launch and how to overcome it is big plus in my book.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sounds bad but looking behind the facade you can guess what's going on:

the publisher has set the deadline for release and the developer has seen there's no way they'll get the PC version finalized by then.

Hence, Day 1 bug list.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    It boggles my mind why anyone pre-orders AAA titles (indie titles I can understand), but I find it even more strange when people willingly buy and play these games at full price despite knowing they're incomplete. I don't have time to beta test a product that I paid full price for, so I just wait until patches are for minor changes/additions. There are plenty of other games I haven't tried yet (including ones already in my library) that I can play instead. The irony is by the time the games are actually good enough for me to justify buying them, either their prices lower or a better sequel has already been released.

The last AAA game I bought for its MSRP was Starcraft II, and that was when all 3 parts were sold as a bundle. Before that, it must've been SimCity 4.

10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I hate game companies and their money whoring ways, along with dlc, online sp etc etc....but how can anyone blame anyone but themselves if they don't wait a few fricking days to read the forums and read a review or two from reviewers they trust.

There is literally nothing on this earth I would buy without reading reviews first.

Buying a game whose style will always revolve around a diminishing player base, restrictive partitioned user base through dlc segmentation...and people rush out and buy it day one.

Consumer self loathing is at an all time high.

11. plopingo

plopingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 PNY XLR8
  12. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
  13. plopingo

plopingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 PNY XLR8
    Never said the game is dead but population drop like this after 1 month....tbh.....don't smell very good :)

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Then why not delay the release like a reasonable developer?

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Personally I know I'll have a good time with the SP and hopefully PvE part of the game. I don't care much about PvP, there are other games who are better at it.

16. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Maybe you read too much into things instead of playing. I get it you want to be sure when you spend your money on. Sure it's not OW, sure the sales didn't keep increasing, but it doesn't mean it can't be a good experience.

I played the Beta and I know what to expect. It's an AAA game with uninspired mechanics and visuals. For some reason to me the game looks like a knock-off brand of other Sci-fi franchises (Mass Effect, Star Wars, Halo, etc) that doesn't have anything uniquely memorable. To be fair, I didn't play the last ME because it looked like a broken mess animation-wise.

17. Namtrooper

Namtrooper Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    Leave in the oven to bake for another 6 months

airbud7 likes this.
  18. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The issues on the list do not look so bad tbh, it's just bizarre why someone would think it's a good PR idea to release the list in a first place.

Anyway, tried the beta and the only way I see myself buying it is with wow gold.

19. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    That's being charitable. In the gameplay video I saw on Youtube, the player movement, weapons action, scenery and practically everything else looked like a low-end indie release. In fact it reminded me a lot of Halo. Meaning, Halo 1. Sad.

20. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    If it plays like Halo 1 and if it is somewhat a similar game, I will definitely buy it.