Crysis full detail intended for gt200 showcase?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Markgpl, May 27, 2008.

1. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    Darn, I gotta put my glasses on before I reply:) Playable sounds like a great result for an 8800gt with all set to max

2. Keith Wing

Keith Wing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Your guys systems must be blessed because mine is only getting around 25 FPS! I am running DX10 1920x1200 no AA in Vista 64 SP1 on "High Settings".

Keith

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    +1 :D

Well, I'm getting 30 - 50 FPS on Vista x64, SP1. DirectX 10 version, all settings on high, post processing on medium, 1680x1050. (no AA of course)

4. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    25 fps on "high" with THOSE specs??????

Even considering your resolution, that's just crazy. Not sure what's up with that, with all settings at "High" using the limited in-game options, Crysis runs as well as Half-Life 1 for me. I don't even bother with the in-game settings, I use much higher quality settings in manual cfg files.....

5. Keith Wing

Keith Wing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I'm not using special config file. Just the basic game and I haven't put on the newest update. Last time I played it was back in late March. I have been waiting until I get a GT200 to finish the game. I just set the settings to "high" and didn't tweak them at all. I always ran the 32 bit executable as I had heard it was faster.

Could my using USB speakers without a sound card be killing my performance???

I had always thought that the 8800GT only having 512MB of onboard memory was the problem.

Keith

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  6. FlinchingNinja

FlinchingNinja Member Guru

GPU:
    460 HAWK, 88GTS 4 Physics
    Would the extra memory width not completely make up for the reduced speed? Also would the increased shaders not help too?

7. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I'm not sure I believe you.
    I have a friend with an 8800GTS 512 and a Q6600 @ 3.0. He gets an average of 30 FPS in Crysis on the normal "high", at 1680x1050 resolution. No AA, of course. No config files, just in-game settings...

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    but gameplay makes the fun more than graphics. so why not 800x600 at 50fps? or less particles, HDR, we all used to enjoy games like that so why cant we all still?
    maybe all those marketing pics is causing brain problems or spoiling us.

ATM i'm actually having more fun with PSP games and GTA4 than any PC game out, where many would say..."ahh, jaggies" i dont even notice anymore cause i'm concentrating on the game itself.

it just seems many PC gamers these days are studying graphics as if it was a picture and not really playing it cause its hard to notice Jaggies or 30fps drops when your having fun.

dont mean to be hyporcritical cause i do enjoy great graphics but i'm just playing the philosipher to offer insight cause i think graphics and genre preferences are hindering our ability to enjoy many more games out there

since you mentioned those games and graphics, i'd like to take it into another direction for perspective purposes if thats ok

technically Bioshock,COD4 has alot of static 2d textures, skyboxes...etc. it doesnt have destructable environements or complex physics and is why they run so smooth

so why do the graphics in these kinds of games get comared to Crysis when it has volumetric clouds, destructable objects...all objects are rendered in full 3d from underwater to sky.
    try "noclip" type mode in most any game and flying around you'll quickly see why Crysis requires so much power.

i agree however that the gameplay in crysis and its storyline are not fun.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yep true, look at 9600gt shaders, they're almost as powerful as those from 8800gt and that has 112.. so imagine those 64 in 240 edition plus 512bit memory bus:pc1::pc1: lol, so yes its gonna chew through Crysis or any other gpu demanding game with ease :D

btw it scores a bit over 7000 in 3Dmark Vantage - Extreme test, so imagine that power, lol 9800gx2 gets ~4000 in the same test :bang:

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I guess I'm guilty as charged. ;) I definitely noticed that I'm starting to look more and more how the graphics look like and not how the game itself is, which can totally ruin your gaming experience. On the other hand it's just incredible how stunningly good the latest games (Crysis, CoD4, Assassin's Creed, Grid, etc.) look like. It's hard not to sit there and to look at the graphics and not getting annoyed by stutters and jaggies, since they do disturb your viewing pleasure. ;)

11. Keith Wing

Keith Wing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I want good graphics and good game play. If the graphics bog down my system I simply upgrade my system or wait until a new card comes out and play the game then. Then I can enjoy the game for it's good game play and also have awesome graphics. :)

12. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    So when did you play Doom 3 for the first time? A month ago? :D

(Sorry. Just kidding. ;))

13. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Mostly everything you hear now is irrelevant as the actual cards aren't announced yet. The new cards are likely based on the G8x architecture and as such will have different clock domains. It doesn't make sense for Nvidia to drastically change that back to the same core and shader clocks of pre-G7x cards.

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    It is a Gt200 core. Developed of the G92 core.

So esentially its a G92.

And yes it is announced lol....havnt you been reading??

15. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    I'm hearing alot of this lately. Tearing. personally i haven't seen tearing since Battlefield 1942.

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    U only get tearing if your FPS is over you Refresh rate....

17. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    I can't help it SLI works:) so vsync is nice:)

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    What do you play on ?? jeez..

Medium or something??

Cause if you played the same settings i have you wouldnt go over your refresh rate lol :p

19. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    i do that all the time and still dont get tearing. IDK man.

20. xBeldin

xBeldin Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB / Zalman VF1000
    I'm not sure where you are getting your info that this is basically a G92 but that's not correct as far as I understand. I would like to see some proof either way if anyone can find a good link.

EDIT:
    Definitely a beast all it's own.
    Link

Last edited: May 30, 2008