Cooler Master Releases H500P Mesh White

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Introducing the H500P Striking-Good-Looks Mesh White. If you didn’t notice already, the H500P is equipped with two 200mm RGB fans that propel air into an all-white interior chassis. As expec...

Cooler Master Releases H500P Mesh White

2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Will never buy anything again with a 180/200 fan, no matter the brand.

they start to click after a year or 2, and no cleaning will fix it.
    having the same issue a year after installing the new one, i replaced it with four 120 fans..

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My HAF 922 had tow 200mm fans in it and they never made a peep.

looks like the bitching many reviewers made about the original H500P paid off.

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    just because yours are working, does that mean ALL 200mm fans from coolermaster on this planet HAVE to work properly, right? lol

so unless there is proof that they changed the bearing type/quality, im not buying it, or any case it comes with.
    when i have the same fan repeatedly experiencing the same problem, especially one that i dont have with any other fan,
    the only option is that its a design/hardware/go-cheap flaw.

doubt anyone would complain if they would use BB and up the price by a dollar...

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So your experience caries more weight than mine gotcha.

BTW just because you haven't had a problem with a 120mm fan doesn't mean all 120mm fans are prefect.

6. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    That was before Noctua introduced their 200mm fans.
    All those other fans are utter cheap wobbly crap that is a miracle it spins up in the first place.

Modified my H500P myself with a mesh front and two Noctua 200mm PWM fans.. never been happier.

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Loophole35
    if a product fails, then to me, yes.

and so far, not one name brand fan i had (80/90/120/140mm), showed the same problem after a year or even 2.
    and for the ones that made a clicking noise, it was right from the start ,and not because the bearing got dirty/old like with the coolermaster.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Every company has a product fail at some point.... I've had 60, 80, 92 and 120mm fans from several manufacturers start clicking after a year or 2. In the case of Antec, it's generally under a year... They either start clicking, whining, buzzing or just stop working entirely.

I avoid 200mm fan as well. Different reason from yours though. Of course, in this case, you could always replace the 2x200mm fans with 3x120/140mm fans.... If the case wasn't white, I'd consider using it for my next build....

9. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    I have a Cooler Master HAF X V2 with the big 200m fan on the inside, had this case a long, long time now and the fan is still running perfectly silent.

10. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    front or top mounted?
    guess front, or it wouldn't have lasted that long.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My HAF 922 has one mounted front and one mounted top. They are about 8 years old now and have never made a sound (the case however will get a slight harmonic sound that goes away if you just touch the case. Stuck a old hockey puck on the top corner to act as a damper.)

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Everyone knows you can oil the bearings on most fans right? Pull sticker off back and then theres a rubber or hard plastic plug, pop the plug and put 1 drop of oil in, replace plug and good to go usually quiets them right up. Anyhow thought i would mention for those who don't know. I have come across some fans that dont have plug but not very many. Peace guys...........

13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Loophole35
    that might explain it.
    the ones having trouble are all 2015 or newer.

@spalshdown
    doesnt work with all bearings, afaik only BBs.
    those fans dont have them.