Company of Heroes 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Prag, May 3, 2012.

1. khrl06

khrl06 Guest

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hmm, cant start the game. You see it for a few seconds in taskman, then its gone, no msg.

I also read in the beta forums at sega that there are plenty of problems ^^ even when you get in the game, it will crash after starting/loading a game or after a few minutes ingame and so on :/

warnings.log:

20:50:49.65 FILESYSTEM -- filepath failure, failed to create path 'Z:\Relic_Projects\CoH2_Expendable\stats\'
    20:50:49.65 SYSTEMCONFIG -- Failed to load configuration from 'userdata:configuration_system.lua'.
    20:50:49.65 SYSTEMCONFIG -- Failed to load configuration from 'userdata:configuration_user.lua'.

Edit: lol? Now i started the game up 10times, then it suddenly started, wtf.. .oO also no more error msgs in warnings.log - and i didnt change anything, just fireup up that exe a tons of time :3eyes::3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Many thanks, i grabbed 2. :D

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    just played for a little bit, what a horrible lag fest!!!

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    No lag here, but not to break the NDA but quite frankly the design choices baffle me. Whole of COH1 was produced to a much higher standard and looked like a proper PC game...

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    This, graphics and HUD looks bad for me, i have tested the game for 1h and meh, i want much more to pay 37-50€...

I even have deleted the game and got back to play some more Coh1.

I hope they really fix that, IQ seems blurry...And above all, they should create some anti-hacking system or i'll be elsewhere.

One thing i noticed is it has a leak in the memory usage because i was using almost 4GB on 1v1 which is a lot.

The sound of the weapons seems poor too.

8. DimeADozen

DimeADozen Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    I think it's safe to say that a lot of those problems will be addressed (hopefully) by release. The graphics are by no means going to be final by this point, much of the bells and whistles will be locked out. I expect that issues like memory leaks will also be addressed too.

With about 400 hours of CoH1 logged I thought I'd really dig this beta, but I'm just not feeling it. Combat doesn't feel like it has any weight to it and certain weapons seem to be far too powerful. The biggest complaint though is that everything just looks a bit shabby to me, the UI is cluttered and it isn't clear where certain things are on both the toolbar and with the minimap.

From what I've read it seems that a lot of people agree that it's just not up to the same standard as the original interface. Fingers crossed it'll undergo a pretty hefty refinement too; Relic did make DoW2 afterall and that game had a terrible UI on release, until they took feedback and patched in some modifications.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I wouldnt keep too much hope, not much regards to graphics or interface changed from alpha. Game is out in 2 months.

10. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    That is not true, it will be released on 25 Jun, meaning, 2 months and 21 days.It's a bit more. :)

But i really don't hope much more from them, will see.Would be nice if at least they could keep cheaters away.

11. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    UI is generally simple to fix though; its just buttons and stuff. And Relic has a VERY good reputation, so they get benefit of the doubt.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I wouldn't bet on the UI getting changes. It is what it is because that's the way they designed it.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    indeed.

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    thks for the heads up duke.

my first impressions are - crap.

will play some more but hate the new interface....still early days I guess. atm very glad I didn't pre-order.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    same. almost pulled the trigger when I saw it on steam, then I played the beta and thought it was bad. feels like a cheap game.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    for once we are in harmony :) spring must be here..!

but yeah exactly what I thought seems cheap. whether or not that's because of the changeover...

and it wont be the first time sega push something through that needs work. I played original coh the other day so the comparison is fresh in the mind as it were..

shame!

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    those perks and everything you can change now are leftovers from coh:eek: (company of heroes: online), i dont know if thats good or bad.

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    They have done a good job improving stuff from alpha and latest beta, before I was not so sure. But now it is deffo a buy for me. I would have preferred the old COH menu however.. UI has improved lately.